    Have deleted connection, rebooted, and created a new connection --
    still not joy.

    Suggestions or advice please
    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Feb 20, 2006

  2. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    krazy Bob Guest

    <lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz> wrote in message
    > XP dial up connection.
    >
    > user name is retained in dialog; password is not retained in dialog
    > and converted to asterisks, even when box ticked.
    >
    > Have deleted connection, rebooted, and created a new connection --
    > still not joy.
    >
    > Suggestions or advice please

    when you create a new connection, make sure not to use same name. i.e do not
    name it xtra or ihug etc. use Xtra or Ihug. i was told by a techie guy when
    i had dial up probs. xp creates a file log of all dialup's and if one
    matches same name as before it will use same settings and you'll have same
    problem

    KB
    krazy Bob, Feb 20, 2006

  3. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Dave Taylor Guest

    > Suggestions or advice please

    Gpedit.msc

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Feb 20, 2006
  4. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Kent Smith Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote in
    >
    >> Suggestions or advice please

    > Gpedit.msc

    yes and it'll probably go back to that state the next time you log into your
    companys domain.

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, Feb 20, 2006
  5. XP Home

    I've deleted connection, rebooted, cleaned registry, rebooted
    again, created new connection, but still the password is not sticking,
    despite the box being ticked.

    Any more suggestions ?

    Is there a registry entry I could tweak ?
    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Feb 22, 2006