    that it doesn't come up? My pc is not networked and I have w-98. I am
    selling my pc and I don't want that popping up for the next owner.
    Thanks.
    Girl Jamie, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Girl Jamie

    Big Bad Wolf Guest

    Start, Settings, Control Panel, Networks,
    change the Primary Logon to Windows Logon.

    Big Bad Wolf, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Girl Jamie

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 05:20:31 GMT, "Girl Jamie" <>
    wrote:

    >When my computer boots up I get a message box asking for my network
    >password. I only have to hit enter to get rid of it but what can I do so
    >that it doesn't come up? My pc is not networked and I have w-98. I am
    >selling my pc and I don't want that popping up for the next owner.
    >Thanks.

    How to Prevent a Windows Logon Prompt at Startup
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q152/1/04.asp

    1 - Click Start, Find, "Files or Folders" and search for "*.pwl", without
    the quotes, and delete any found. (They'll have to reenter their passwords
    again as they become needed.)

    2 - Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Network, and make
    sure you have "Client for Microsoft Networks" installed
    with "Primary Network Logon" set to "Windows Logon".
    When the password box appears, enter your name, and leave
    the password blank. Click "OK". Do NOT close the window out
    any other way except "OK". If it asks to confirm the password,
    again, click "OK". The password box should not pop up again.
    Unk, Jan 4, 2004