    automatically insert your un/pw, but I can find no menu item like that in
    Firefox?

    Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
    sheezits, Mar 10, 2005

  2. sheezits

    Roland Guest

    On 10-3-2005 14:22, sheezits wrote:
    > I cannot get Firefox to remember my username/passwords. I went to Tools,
    > Options, Privacy, and checked the "Remember Passwords" box, but whenever I
    > return to sites I've already been to, I have to retype the user name and
    > password manually. When I used the Opera browser, you click on a wand to
    > automatically insert your un/pw, but I can find no menu item like that in
    > Firefox?
    >
    > Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

    On same location where "Remember Passwords" remains, press button "View
    Passwords". Check if you haven't added the sites to the list on the
    second tab "Passwords Never Saved".
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Mar 10, 2005

  3. sheezits

    sheezits Guest

    Roland <> wrote in
    > On same location where "Remember Passwords" remains, press button
    > "View Passwords". Check if you haven't added the sites to the list on
    > the second tab "Passwords Never Saved".

    There's nothing in either box.
    sheezits, Mar 10, 2005
  4. sheezits

    Roland Guest

    On 10-3-2005 14:22, sheezits wrote:

    > I cannot get Firefox to remember my username/passwords. I went to Tools,
    > Options, Privacy, and checked the "Remember Passwords" box, but whenever I
    > return to sites I've already been to, I have to retype the user name and
    > password manually. When I used the Opera browser, you click on a wand to
    > automatically insert your un/pw, but I can find no menu item like that in
    > Firefox?
    >
    > Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

    It's also possible that those sites use autocomplete="off" on the input
    fields, to prevent browsers from automatically inserting uid/password.

    You can use a so-called bookmarklet or an extension to disable this
    feature of the website.

    For the bookmarklet, see
    <http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password>.
    See <http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/> on how to create and use
    the bookmark.

    For the extension, see
    <http://roachfiend.com/archives/2005/03/03/always-remember-password/>

    Though I haven't used it, the extension seems to have the advantage that
    it automatically disables the autocomplete="off" for each website you
    visit. When you use the bookmarklet, each time you visit such a site,
    you have to press the bookmarklet.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter