    not always and I have to put it back in. Still I do check the box that
    asks if I want to save the info. Anyone know what the heck is going on??

    Thanks

    Scratch, Apr 2, 2005

  2. Scratch

    Doug G Guest

    Scratch wrote:

    > All of a sudden I keep loosing my password and user name when trying to
    > check for new newsgroup messages. Keeps asking me for user name and
    > password. I will click cancel then re-check and sometimes that works but
    > not always and I have to put it back in. Still I do check the box that
    > asks if I want to save the info. Anyone know what the heck is going on??
    >
    > Thanks

    That has happened a lot to me since Comcast began using giganew's news
    server. I get the feeling that Comcast doesn't know what they are doing.

    Doug G, Apr 2, 2005

  3. Doug G wrote:
    > Scratch wrote:
    >

    >>All of a sudden I keep loosing my password and user name when trying to
    >>check for new newsgroup messages. Keeps asking me for user name and
    >>password. I will click cancel then re-check and sometimes that works but
    >>not always and I have to put it back in. Still I do check the box that
    >>asks if I want to save the info. Anyone know what the heck is going on??
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > That has happened a lot to me since Comcast began using giganew's news
    > server. I get the feeling that Comcast doesn't know what they are doing.

    That's true. And apparently they deny newsgroup service to secondary
    accounts. And, you can only get 2 GB of news per month. I want a
    rebate because they have lowered the service level.

    William W. Plummer, Apr 2, 2005
  4. Scratch

    Scratch Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > Scratch wrote:
    >

    >>All of a sudden I keep loosing my password and user name when trying to
    >>check for new newsgroup messages. Keeps asking me for user name and
    >>password. I will click cancel then re-check and sometimes that works but
    >>not always and I have to put it back in. Still I do check the box that
    >>asks if I want to save the info. Anyone know what the heck is going on??
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > That has happened a lot to me since Comcast began using giganew's news
    > server. I get the feeling that Comcast doesn't know what they are doing.

    Well, I do have comcast :(

    Scratch, Apr 2, 2005
  5. Scratch

    Scratch Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:
    > Doug G wrote:
    >
    >> Scratch wrote:
    >>

    >>> All of a sudden I keep loosing my password and user name when trying
    >>> to check for new newsgroup messages. Keeps asking me for user name
    >>> and password. I will click cancel then re-check and sometimes that
    >>> works but not always and I have to put it back in. Still I do check
    >>> the box that asks if I want to save the info. Anyone know what the
    >>> heck is going on??
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> That has happened a lot to me since Comcast began using giganew's news
    >> server. I get the feeling that Comcast doesn't know what they are doing.

    > That's true. And apparently they deny newsgroup service to secondary
    > accounts. And, you can only get 2 GB of news per month. I want a
    > rebate because they have lowered the service level.

    To bad in my area (Tigard, OR) there wasn't a choice for cable. Far as I
    know, that's it

    Scratch, Apr 2, 2005