  1. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    Anyone know how I can reset the password in an ASUS AAM6000EV ADSL Router?

    Craig Shore, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Craig Shore

    -{-astrae-}- Guest

    I've got one sitting here, but not sure if you can. re-write the frimware?

    I have the latest firmware if you want to do it that way..

    -{-astrae-}-, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Craig Shore

    -{-astrae-}- Guest

    sorry that won't work. Update program needs the username and password

    -{-astrae-}-, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:05:53 +1300, "-{-astrae-}-" <>
    wrote:

    >sorry that won't work. Update program needs the username and password

    Yeah, thought of that. Does the serial connection still need a password?
    Perhaps I could get into it that way and reset it. Guess i'll need to find some
    freeware Terminal software to try that, IIRC Hyperterminal needs to dial
    somewhere before it'll let you at the port.

    Craig Shore, Oct 18, 2004
  5. Craig Shore

    EMB Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:

    > Yeah, thought of that. Does the serial connection still need a password?
    > Perhaps I could get into it that way and reset it. Guess i'll need to find some
    > freeware Terminal software to try that, IIRC Hyperterminal needs to dial
    > somewhere before it'll let you at the port.

    Hyperterminal works ok - set "Connect via" to COM1 and it's away direct
    connected.

    --
    EMB
    change two to the number to reply

    EMB, Oct 18, 2004
  6. Craig Shore

    Mr Scebe Guest

    > On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:05:53 +1300, "-{-astrae-}-"

    <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >sorry that won't work. Update program needs the username and password

    > Yeah, thought of that. Does the serial connection still need a

    password?
    > Perhaps I could get into it that way and reset it. Guess i'll need to find

    some
    > freeware Terminal software to try that, IIRC Hyperterminal needs to dial
    > somewhere before it'll let you at the port.

    Na, you just have to change the settings. When you initially set it up it
    asks you for a number and stuff, but once you've created the connection, hit
    the "disconnect" icon, then change the following settings (via File ->
    Properties):

    Set port to Com1 (or 2 depending on where the cable is connected)
    Click the "configure" button and set 9600-8-N-1 (baud, Data bits, Parity,
    Stop bits.) I also set flow control to none, but you should be able to leave
    it at hardware. Click ok.
    Click the "Settings Tab" and check your emulation to ANSIW.
    Click the ASCI setup button and select "Echo typed characters locally".
    Click ok a couple of times and you should be ok.
    Reconnect the "call" and hit enter, which should bring up the dialog from
    the router.

    If you're still having trouble later, i'll check it out - i have an old ASUS
    sitting around here. Iirc the default password was ADSL.

    --
    Mr Scebe
    ~Sean Connery in "The Rock"

    Mr Scebe, Oct 18, 2004
  7. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:23:27 +1300, "Mr Scebe" <> wrote:

    >If you're still having trouble later, i'll check it out - i have an old ASUS
    >sitting around here. Iirc the default password was ADSL.

    It's not my one, someone else I know with one has changed it from the default
    password and don't know what they changed it to.

    Craig Shore, Oct 18, 2004
  8. Craig Shore

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > Anyone know how I can reset the password in an ASUS AAM6000EV ADSL Router?

    Doesn't the reset button reset *everything*?

    Hope so, becuase I have a similar problem with a different router.

    -=rjh=-, Oct 18, 2004
  9. Craig Shore

    SNOman Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > Anyone know how I can reset the password in an ASUS AAM6000EV ADSL Router?

    From ASUS website

    Q: I forgot my password and couldn't enter Web console. Can I reset the
    device to bring it back to factory default?

    A:You can make it through the RS232 console. Please refer to the console
    settings in last question and enter "System Maintenance>Factory Default
    Configuration", then you can select yes or no to restore factory
    settings. Generally, we don't suggest you change the settings via RS232
    console to avoid any ambiguous errors.

    SNOman, Oct 19, 2004
  10. Craig Shore

    SNOman Guest

    SNOman wrote:
    > Craig Shore wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know how I can reset the password in an ASUS AAM6000EV ADSL
    >> Router?
    >>

    > From ASUS website
    >
    > Q: I forgot my password and couldn't enter Web console. Can I reset the
    > device to bring it back to factory default?
    >
    > A:You can make it through the RS232 console. Please refer to the console
    > settings in last question and enter "System Maintenance>Factory Default
    > Configuration", then you can select yes or no to restore factory
    > settings. Generally, we don't suggest you change the settings via RS232
    > console to avoid any ambiguous errors.

    page address is

    http://www.asus.com.tw/inside/Techref/qa-adsl-200208.htm

    SNOman, Oct 19, 2004
  11. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:17:50 +1300, SNOman <> wrote:

    >SNOman wrote:
    >> Craig Shore wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know how I can reset the password in an ASUS AAM6000EV ADSL
    >>> Router?
    >>>

    >> From ASUS website
    >>
    >> Q: I forgot my password and couldn't enter Web console. Can I reset the
    >> device to bring it back to factory default?
    >>
    >> A:You can make it through the RS232 console. Please refer to the console
    >> settings in last question and enter "System Maintenance>Factory Default
    >> Configuration", then you can select yes or no to restore factory
    >> settings. Generally, we don't suggest you change the settings via RS232
    >> console to avoid any ambiguous errors.

    >page address is
    >
    >http://www.asus.com.tw/inside/Techref/qa-adsl-200208.htm

    Thanks for that, I did search but obviously not for the right thing as I didn't
    find that page.

    Craig Shore, Oct 19, 2004