    How do I arrange for this Enter Password box to NOT display?...I'm the only
    user and just want to load windows when I switch on.
    Cheers. J
    John Brown, Jul 11, 2006

  2. John Brown

    Guest

    "John Brown" <> wrote:

    |>Yes, each time I boot up am presented with a box ....Windows 98....Enter
    |>Password - select User Name....there's two user names shown neither of which
    |>are now valid..so I click Cancel and I'm in.
    |>How do I arrange for this Enter Password box to NOT display?...I'm the only
    |>user and just want to load windows when I switch on.
    |>Cheers. J

    It's in the control panel under passwords or users - there's a setting
    assuming one user is to log on at all times - check it

    --
    backup your copy protected DVDs.
    http://www.ripit4me.org/

  3. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "John Brown" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>Yes, each time I boot up am presented with a box ....Windows 98....Enter
    > |>Password - select User Name....there's two user names shown neither of
    > which
    > |>are now valid..so I click Cancel and I'm in.
    > |>How do I arrange for this Enter Password box to NOT display?...I'm the
    > only
    > |>user and just want to load windows when I switch on.
    > |>Cheers. J
    > |>

    > It's in the control panel under passwords or users - there's a setting
    > assuming one user is to log on at all times - check it
    >
    > --
    > backup your copy protected DVDs.
    > http://www.ripit4me.org/

    -----------
    Thanks for that..but can only see how to add and delete users...tried
    deleting all users but still get the Enter Password box on booting..clicking
    delete gets me in?
    John Brown, Jul 11, 2006
  4. John Brown

    Noel Paton Guest

    "John Brown" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message

    >> 98....Enter
    >> which
    >> only
    >> |>

    >> It's in the control panel under passwords or users - there's a setting
    >> assuming one user is to log on at all times - check it
    >>
    >> --
    >> backup your copy protected DVDs.
    >> http://www.ripit4me.org/

    > -----------
    > Thanks for that..but can only see how to add and delete users...tried
    > deleting all users but still get the Enter Password box on
    > booting..clicking delete gets me in?

    In Network Properties
    Change the Primary Logon to Windows Logon (it's probably at Networking at
    present)

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, Jul 11, 2006
  5. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    >>> 98....Enter
    >>> which
    >>> only
    >>> |>

    >>> It's in the control panel under passwords or users - there's a setting
    >>> assuming one user is to log on at all times - check it
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> backup your copy protected DVDs.
    >>> http://www.ripit4me.org/

    >> -----------
    >> Thanks for that..but can only see how to add and delete users...tried
    >> deleting all users but still get the Enter Password box on
    >> booting..clicking delete gets me in?

    > In Network Properties
    > Change the Primary Logon to Windows Logon (it's probably at Networking at
    > present)

    --------------------
    U R Brilliant. That was it. TVM. J
    John Brown, Jul 11, 2006
  6. John Brown

    Noel Paton Guest

    "John Brown" <> wrote in message

    >>> -----------
    >>> Thanks for that..but can only see how to add and delete users...tried
    >>> deleting all users but still get the Enter Password box on
    >>> booting..clicking delete gets me in?

    >> In Network Properties
    >> Change the Primary Logon to Windows Logon (it's probably at Networking
    >> at present)

    > U R Brilliant. That was it. TVM. J

    <blush> - common question, so not really!

    YW

    Noel Paton, Jul 11, 2006