    I know you can have them remembered but this is a family pc and I need some
    secure way of keeping info from kids ect. it must be hackproof too.

    Regards oxy. or should it be **************** lol
    oxy, Jul 11, 2003

  2. oxy

    Mike Simpson Guest

    In article <BQzPa.14850$>,
    says...

    > Can someone help me with the following as I am not very pc wise.
    >
    > Every one wants you to use a password and/or username, but how do you
    > remember them unless you use the same one over and over.
    > I know you can have them remembered but this is a family pc and I need some
    > secure way of keeping info from kids ect. it must be hackproof too.
    >
    > Regards oxy. or should it be **************** lol

    You need a password program that remembers sign ons, passwords and
    probably urls and that needs a password of its own to get into it. I use
    Multipass from

    http://gbsoft.free/fr

    but there are lots of others I'm sure other people will direct you to.

    Whichever you use, for goodness sake back up the program's password
    database, ideally at another location. And back up the program file
    itself to the same location too, so if you have a crash in x years time
    and can't find the program for download at least you've still got a copy
    of it.
    Mike Simpson, Jul 11, 2003

  3. oxy

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: oxy stated for the record...
    > Can someone help me with the following as I am not very pc wise.
    >
    > Every one wants you to use a password and/or username, but how do you
    > remember them unless you use the same one over and over.
    > I know you can have them remembered but this is a family pc and I
    > need some secure way of keeping info from kids ect. it must be
    > hackproof too.
    >
    > Regards oxy. or should it be **************** lol

    I keep all mine in a book on a high shelf, where the ghosts of my ancestors
    keep an ever-watchful eye on it...of course when my kids get a little older,
    this may not fool them any more... ;-)
    slylittlei, Jul 11, 2003
  4. 007 Password Recovery

    Baron Von Reeve, Jul 11, 2003