    never let you do this. This seems to be a good security feature
    (nevertheless simple)... any chance it could be implemented into the
    next version of Firefox?
    Gary Cox, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Gary Cox

    Moz Champion Guest

    Gary Cox wrote:

    > To my knowledge, all of the Mozilla products allow the user to copy text
    > out of a password field - whereas Internet Explorer or Windows will
    > never let you do this. This seems to be a good security feature
    > (nevertheless simple)... any chance it could be implemented into the
    > next version of Firefox?

    Um, in what situation?

    Passwords are normally entered at a prompt, a pop up, in which copy is
    not available (tho paste may be)

    If the password is entered directly into a field on the site, then its
    up to the site to disvow copy/paste.

    Can you provide a situation in which you deem that Mozilla products dont
    react as say IE does

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Gary Cox

    Gary Cox Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:

    > Gary Cox wrote:
    >
    >> To my knowledge, all of the Mozilla products allow the user to copy
    >> text out of a password field - whereas Internet Explorer or Windows
    >> will never let you do this. This seems to be a good security feature
    >> (nevertheless simple)... any chance it could be implemented into the
    >> next version of Firefox?

    > Um, in what situation?
    >
    > Passwords are normally entered at a prompt, a pop up, in which copy is
    > not available (tho paste may be)
    >
    > If the password is entered directly into a field on the site, then its
    > up to the site to disvow copy/paste.
    >
    > Can you provide a situation in which you deem that Mozilla products dont
    > react as say IE does

    I looked into it some more, I was mistaken, sorry! I mistaked the fact
    that Mozilla would copy the asteriks for Mozilla copying the password
    itself. I suppose that is the only difference - Mozilla copyes the
    password in its masked form (thus making it useless), whereas IE simply
    refuses to copy anything.
    Gary Cox, Oct 13, 2004