password does not work all of the sudden

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by $#%@*!*, Oct 7, 2003.

  1. $#%@*!*

    $#%@*!* Guest

    $#%@*!*, Oct 7, 2003

  2. $#%@*!*

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Oct 7, 2003

  3. $#%@*!*

    $#%@*!* Guest

    Good response!

    I am trying to sign using outlook express. My password, which was stored on
    the computer, does not work all the sudden. Yet, I can post on this news
    server??
    "$#%@*!*" <> wrote in message

    $#%@*!*, Oct 7, 2003
  4. $#%@*!*

    Brian H¹© Guest

    $#%@*!* said:

    > Good response!
    >
    > I am trying to sign using outlook express. My password, which was stored on
    > the computer, does not work all the sudden. Yet, I can post on this news
    > server??

    Have you checked your ISP's status page to see if they have a temporary outage
    of their mail server(s) ?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 7, 2003
  5. $#%@*!*

    Harrison Guest

    Re: OH

    Dayton?

    On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 23:18:52 +0100, "Phil" <>

    Harrison, Oct 7, 2003
  6. $#%@*!*

    °Mike° Guest

    OLEXP Outlook Express Does Not Save the Mail Server Logon Password

    OLEXP Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP

    OL2000 (IMO) Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP

    Damaged Password List File Does Not Save Passwords

    Dial-Up Networking Password Is Not Saved

    Save Password Check Box Is Unavailable

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:37:23 GMT, in
    <nmGgb.6792$>
    $#%@*!* scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 7, 2003
  7. $#%@*!*

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Boomer continued:

    > $#%@*!* wrote:
    >

    > Have a question?
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Don't you think that /"all of a sudden"/ is a very archaic way of
    speaking ?
    Just thought I would drop that little gem into the day.....
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 8, 2003
  8. $#%@*!*

    Boomer Guest

    slumpy wrote:

    > "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't
    > you ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Boomer
    > continued:
    >
    >> $#%@*!* wrote:
    >>

    >> Have a question?
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > Don't you think that /"all of a sudden"/ is a very archaic way
    > of speaking ?
    > Just thought I would drop that little gem into the day.....

    Password does not work all of *the sudden* or *a sudden*?

    Suddenly, password doesn't work, maybe.
    I'd just say *password doesn't work*.

    Heck, I'd just call my ISP. ;o)
    Boomer, Oct 8, 2003
  9. $#%@*!*

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Boomer said:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't
    >> you ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Boomer
    >> continued:
    >>
    >>> $#%@*!* wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Have a question?
    >>>
    >>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    >> Don't you think that /"all of a sudden"/ is a very archaic way
    >> of speaking ?
    >> Just thought I would drop that little gem into the day.....

    > Password does not work all of *the sudden* or *a sudden*?
    >
    > Suddenly, password doesn't work, maybe.
    > I'd just say *password doesn't work*.
    >
    > Heck, I'd just call my ISP. ;o)

    Not me, I would think "hmm, my e-mail isn't working, where usually it works
    without a problem, I bet my ISP has a server problem, I'll try again a bit
    later".
    Brian H¹©, Oct 8, 2003
  10. $#%@*!*

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Boomer continued:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't
    >> you ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Boomer
    >> continued:
    >>
    >>> $#%@*!* wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Have a question?
    >>>
    >>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    >> Don't you think that /"all of a sudden"/ is a very archaic way
    >> of speaking ?
    >> Just thought I would drop that little gem into the day.....

    > Password does not work all of *the sudden* or *a sudden*?
    >
    > Suddenly, password doesn't work, maybe.
    > I'd just say *password doesn't work*.
    >
    > Heck, I'd just call my ISP. ;o)

    P/w unemployed.

    Brief and to the point.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 8, 2003
  11. $#%@*!*

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    >> Suddenly, password doesn't work, maybe.
    >> I'd just say *password doesn't work*.
    >>
    >> Heck, I'd just call my ISP. ;o)

    > Not me, I would think "hmm, my e-mail isn't working, where usually it
    > works without a problem, I bet my ISP has a server problem, I'll try
    > again a bit later".

    Liar.

    You'd sit and scream abuse at NTL via your screen, phone them and abuse
    them again, persuade an engineer to actually /do/ something after lunch,
    and still have no news server at midnight.

    That's what I reckon anyway.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 8, 2003
  12. $#%@*!*

    Brian H¹© Guest

    slumpy said:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:
    >
    >>> Suddenly, password doesn't work, maybe.
    >>> I'd just say *password doesn't work*.
    >>>
    >>> Heck, I'd just call my ISP. ;o)

    >> Not me, I would think "hmm, my e-mail isn't working, where usually it
    >> works without a problem, I bet my ISP has a server problem, I'll try
    >> again a bit later".

    > Liar.
    >
    > You'd sit and scream abuse at NTL via your screen, phone them and abuse
    > them again, persuade an engineer to actually /do/ something after lunch,
    > and still have no news server at midnight.
    >
    > That's what I reckon anyway.

    How do you know I still have no access to the binary news servers?
    Brian H¹©, Oct 8, 2003
  13. On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 00:02:55 +0100, slumpy wrote:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Boomer continued:
    >
    >> $#%@*!* wrote:
    >>

    >> Have a question?
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > Don't you think that /"all of a sudden"/ is a very archaic way of
    > speaking ?
    > Just thought I would drop that little gem into the day.....

    OTOH, he didn't say anything in his original message...
    He may not have been referring to a password for his PC.
    He *could* have been asking why he'd been thrown out of his
    local Masonic Lodge! <G>

    "And with language like '$#%@*!*", I'm not surprised!"

    --
    "Or is it Maurice Kellet?"