    Thanks!

    Rich

    , Feb 5, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello - our local girlscouts group have a project they fill
    > out items in a little travelers passport book. They have
    > a need to print a small photo(1.75 x 1.25 inches) to
    > paste into the front of the book. I've been trying to think
    > of ways to accmplish this with as little intervention as
    > possible.

    Check out Qimage (http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/). Even though it
    is more powerful than needed for your request, it'll provide what you
    need (and more) at a reaonable price and it provides good quality
    output as well.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Hello - our local girlscouts group have a project they fill out items
    > in a little travelers passport book. They have a need to print a small
    > photo(1.75 x 1.25 inches) to paste into the front of the book. I've
    > been trying to think of ways to accmplish this with as little
    > intervention as possible. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to print
    > directly from a Camera to a printer? Would you recommend a small 4x6
    > printer and maybe try and set the camera up to do 4 up on a page or
    > something? That way the kids would get use to what it is like to get
    > duplicate photos as do when you get a real passport. The only other
    > method coming to mind is take all the photos, move them to a laptop,
    > and use a album software to print thumbnails in batch.

    Many printer drivers have a thumbnail feature where you can print
    multiple images on a single sheet. My Canon 6100i will print up to 80 on
    an A3 sheet. File numbers are included so you can sort out the girls
    from the... er girls.

    Stewy, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Confused Guest

    On 5 Feb 2005 08:45:49 -0800
    In message <>
    wrote:

    > Hello - our local girlscouts group have a project they fill
    > out items in a little travelers passport book. They have a
    > need to print a small photo(1.75 x 1.25 inches) to paste
    > into the front of the book.
    > <SNIP>

    Warning Mr. Smith!

    [said robby the robot...arms waving frantically in the air]

    Misdirected and dangerous merit badge project!
    They have no "need" to fabricate such documents,
    or have that kind of information gathered.

    Jeff

    Confused, Feb 7, 2005
  5. Pb Guest

    Don't Polaroid sell a camera which produces small photos such as this?

    Paul

    Pb, Feb 7, 2005
  6. 8900200 Guest

    Hi Jeff -

    I think I understand your concern. I am just a tech guy being asked to
    research things. The travel program is being fostered in the Rocky
    Mountain region initially for what I understand, and I would be
    surprised if it goes national in the future. I believe (don't quote me)
    that Hostelling International is the sponsor and the Girl Scouts are
    participating. I am friends with the liaison between these two groups
    and he said that the GS were very very careful about how this is
    structured. The program will be named the Travel Scholars. I found
    this link on the San Francisco site.
    http://www.norcalhostels.rg/odom.html. Anyway, I wanted to let you know
    how this came about and ease any fears about it being flaky or
    anything.

    all the best
    Rich

    8900200, Feb 9, 2005