    Aramaic, Latin, and Hebrew or if it was dubbed over the actors voices.

    Also, didn't they speak Greek as well during the time of Christ?

    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Aug 22, 2004

  2. DVDfanatico

    karlpov Guest

    On 22 Aug 2004 10:33:38 GMT, (DVDfanatico) wrote:

    >I saw this in theaters and couldn't tell if the actors were actually speaking
    >Aramaic, Latin, and Hebrew or if it was dubbed over the actors voices.
    >
    >Also, didn't they speak Greek as well during the time of Christ?

    It is fairly well known that Greek, not Latin, was the common language
    of the Eastern Roman Empire. This was one of the criticisms of The
    Passion when it was first announced, but Gibson paid no attention.

    I'd wonder whether this might be not dubbing but looping: the same
    actors inserting their voices after the filming, a common practice
    which can eliminate noise on the set and make speech much clearer than
    when it was coming out of the mouths of actors who never trained for
    the stage.

    karlpov, Aug 22, 2004