    have the CPP version of Vista x64 Ultimate running on a testbed box, I get
    the best(?) of both worlds at the flick of a KVM switch. I'd rather switch
    than fight...

    M. Murcek, Sep 30, 2006

  2. "Vista upgrade advisor"
    The key word is "upgrade"
    Since 64 bit is sold OEM only and no upgrade is possible, Microsoft probably
    feels there is no need for an Upgrade Advisor for 64 bit.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Sep 30, 2006

  3. M. Murcek

    Nut Cracker Guest

    >I'd rather switch than fight...

    Ahh, obviously NOT a Terryton smoker !

    ; )

    Nut Cracker, Oct 2, 2006
  4. XP Pro x64 to Vista x64 is in fact possible but we may not know until rtm if
    it is supported by Microsoft PSS.

    Colin Barnhorst, Oct 2, 2006
  5. Thank you Colin;
    If it is possible now, it will probably be possible after RTM.
    As for supported by Microsoft?
    My guess is no...but that is up to Microsoft.
    We will have to wait and see.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Oct 2, 2006
  6. Hmmm. I wonder how many of the youngsters here will get that reference.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 2, 2006
  7. M. Murcek

    Nut Cracker Guest

    > Hmmm. I wonder how many of the youngsters here will get that reference.

    Doh ! .... i just dated myself, but true. I also wonder

    Nut Cracker, Oct 2, 2006
  8. Hello Colin,
    We shouldn't be able to upgrade from Windows XP x64 to Windows Vista 64
    bit. Are you stating this is working in current builds of Vista? If it is
    that would be a bug, this is not considered a supported scenario.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com>
    <Subject: Re: Passing strange...
    <Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:01:44 -0600
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <XP Pro x64 to Vista x64 is in fact possible but we may not know until rtm
    if
    <it is supported by Microsoft PSS.
    <
    <"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    <> "Vista upgrade advisor"
    <> The key word is "upgrade"
    <> Since 64 bit is sold OEM only and no upgrade is possible, Microsoft
    <> probably feels there is no need for an Upgrade Advisor for 64 bit.
    <>
    <> --

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Oct 3, 2006
  9. not working, so far as I know.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 3, 2006
  10. M. Murcek

    DP Guest

    "Nut Cracker" <> wrote in message

    >> Hmmm. I wonder how many of the youngsters here will get that reference.
    >>

    > Doh ! .... i just dated myself, but true. I also wonder

    How about this one, gang?

    Tobacco tastes fresh
    'cause the filter's recessed.
    Smoke Parliament.

    DP, Oct 3, 2006
  11. LSMFT

    But please, enough of the tobacco.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 3, 2006
  12. M. Murcek

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Charlie:
    You got me with that one. Of the largest tobacco campaigns was
    during WWII (before my time) when Lucky changed their packaging and used the
    slogan "Lucky green went to war". The packaging was changed from green to
    white.

    Dennis Pack, Oct 3, 2006
  13. M. Murcek

    DP Guest

    Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco. (or was it "tobaccos"?)
    The LSMFT, if I recall correctly was printed on every package. I wasn't
    alive in WWII, but I think even that far back it was on the packs.
    When I was a high-schooler in the 60s, boys came up with other stories about
    what LSMFT really meant. I can't remember any of the stories now, but
    they're probably inappropriate for this NG.

    DP, Oct 4, 2006