    John Guest

    Wahts the passing mark anyway, i don't get it, what does 460/900 mean, i
    went to a test center, and the guy said a pass is 80 percent

    John, Nov 14, 2003

  2. John

    Frederic Guest

    "A+ exams consist of two exams and both tests are administered in an
    adaptive format. Each test consists of 80 questions and are scored on a
    scale of 100 - 900. The minimum passing score for the A+ Core Hardware exam
    is 467 and the minimum passing score for the A+ OS Technologies exam is 469.
    Ninety minutes are allowed to complete each exam. "
    http://www.comptia.com/certification/A/general_info.asp

    --
    Frederic
    MCP, IT Project+, i-Net+, CIWA, A+

    Frederic, Nov 14, 2003

  3. John

    John Guest

    i heard they don't offer adaptive anymore, whats the passing for linear,
    like, how many am i allowed to get wrong outta 80?

    John, Nov 14, 2003
  4. John

    Frederic Guest

    The A+ 2003 upgrade is in traditional format with 90 questions but it will
    be available only after November 26.
    http://www.comptia.com/certification/A/upgrade.asp

    A+ 2003 Core Hardware: 220-221, 20-30 questions, 30 min, passing score 596
    on 1300 scale
    http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/comptia/a-2003.asp

    A+ 2003 OS Technologies: 220-222, 20-30 questions, 30 min, passing score 596
    on 1300 scale
    http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/exams/a-2003-os-technologies.asp

    I think you shouldn't focus on the passing score. Keep the good work, study
    until you feel very comfortable with the subject. try some practice tests
    and go for it.

    An other reason why you shouldn't focus on the passing score is that
    Microsoft didn't provide score last year. It are implementing new score
    system this year but it weird. the passing score is 700 for all exams and
    the maximum score depends on the complexity of the subject
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/faq/procedures.asp

    Don't forget that you are not studying to pass an exam. You are studying to
    be viewed as an expert once you'll be certified. If you're not comfortable
    with the matter, your employer may doubt the value of the certification

    Frederic, Nov 15, 2003