    J. B., A+, MCP, MCSE
    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or
    give me death!" - P. Henry
    JB, Oct 16, 2006

  2. JB

    JB Guest

    SORRY about the double post - system said it did NOT post the first
    one......*sigh*

    JB, Oct 16, 2006

  3. JB

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    Have you considered googling for an answer? Remember,
    Google is your friend.

    Lnkwizard2, Oct 16, 2006
  4. JB

    jkozlowski Guest

    dumb question here, but if you are MCSE why in the world would you wanna
    take the 70-291 test? Currently I am reading thru some books and using
    measure up and getting my butt kicked on this test.... Which is my last test
    I need for my mcsa :)

    jkozlowski, Oct 17, 2006
  5. JB

    JB Guest

    WOW - this could very well be some of the rudest replies I have ever gotten.
    All I asked was if anyone knew the passing score - with real world
    experience and NOT the questionable Google posts....also....my boss wants me
    to get an MCSA, as if that needs to be clarified. No wonder people think us
    techs are all arrogant.

    JB, Oct 17, 2006
  6. JB

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "JB" <> wrote in message
    > WOW - this could very well be some of the rudest replies I have ever
    > gotten.

    <snipped for brevity>

    Here, let me try.

    Any tech worth his salary would have been able to research the
    needed information and discovered this relatively simple fact.
    Remember, google is your friend, also why not look to the
    source of the tests and see if they might have the answer you
    are seeking.

    The ABILITY to RESEARCH information for one's self
    is an ESSENTIAL skill needed by all good IT techincians.
    Lnkwizard2, Oct 17, 2006
  7. JB

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    "JB" <> wrote in message
    > WOW - this could very well be some of the rudest replies I have ever
    > gotten.

    Hahahaha....Step into my office son. We'll show you some downright southern
    rudeness up in here.
    BD [MCNGP], Oct 18, 2006
  8. JB

    jkozlowski Guest

    WOW - I really dont see how I was being the rudest post, heck the friendly
    guy Montreal MCT was being even more rude to you with his smarty pants
    comment and you gave him a thanks...

    I just have to chuckle ;)

    I simpled asked a question, I thought (forgive me if im wrong) if you have
    your mcse, theres probably a 98.4% chance you already have you mcsa already.
    I just "assumed" most people go to msca then take the few extra tests to get
    thier msce.

    jkozlowski, Oct 18, 2006
  9. JB

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    "jkozlowski" <> wrote in message

    > WOW - I really dont see how I was being the rudest post, heck the friendly
    > guy Montreal MCT was being even more rude to you with his smarty pants
    > comment and you gave him a thanks...

    Tattle Tale!!

    > I just have to chuckle ;)

    I did too, until I thought about it.

    > I simpled asked a question, I thought (forgive me if im wrong) if you have
    > your mcse, theres probably a 98.4% chance you already have you mcsa
    > already.
    > I just "assumed" most people go to msca then take the few extra tests to
    > get
    > thier msce.

    Only MCSE 2003 has to take 70-291. If he was MCSE 2000 or MCSE NT, then
    there would have been an equivalent test, but not 70-291. So his question,
    although a bit immature, was a feasible one.

    BD [MCNGP], Oct 18, 2006
  10. JB

    jc tech Guest

    700 is needed to pass. I have taken the test twice so far and failed!!!
    Hopefully 3rd time will be the charm!!

    jc tech, Oct 19, 2006
  11. JB

    AlbertH Guest

    Yes, 70-291 is tough. You need a 700 score to pass. Be prepared for some
    simulations, a lot of SUS questions (not WSUS!) and you must know DNS in
    detail.
    First time I failed with a 500+ score, the second time I passed with a 800+
    score
    Success!

    AlbertH, Oct 21, 2006