Passed!!!

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by blue, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. blue

    blue Guest

    Took the Core test end of last month and passed! (775).

    Took the OS test today and passed! (780)

    Yippppeeee!!!

    Used Mike Meyers All in One primarily. It's a good book. Also, for
    those of you preparing, read the online chapter "Essential Windows" at
    totalsem.com.

    The Core test was pretty much what I expected; the OS test... well, it
    almost blew me away (psychologically, that is). There must have been
    a half dozen "beta type" questions in the first fifteen questions and
    I was saying to myself... "Oh my, I am not doing well at all!". It
    smoothed out after a while and I actually went a couple of questions
    without "marking" them for review... :)

    Read someone on here last week say that the OS test is more intuitive.
    He/she was exactly right. Makes you THINK... and my brain has been
    fried from studying!

    Well, I'm off to look up the answers to questions that puzzled me and
    to partake in a generous portion(s) of my favorite beverage!

    Steve
    A+
    (hmmmmm, that looks good... Bring on Networks+ :)

    blue, Oct 31, 2003

  2. blue

    JesseTX Guest

    You're scaring me with the OS part, but not too much :)

    On the practice tests, I tend to do much worse on the OS tests.
    Mainly becasue I have no hands-on experience with Windows 2000. I do
    have hands-on with NT 3.51 and NT 4.0, which should help somewhat with
    the Windows 2000 part. But still, all I know about Windows 2000
    (that's different from NT) has came from a book, and I tend to miss a
    lot of those questions on the practice tests.

    How would you estimate the OS test was divided (percentage wise) as
    far as the different OS's?

    JesseTX, Oct 31, 2003

  3. blue

    blue Guest

    wow, estimate the percentage? hmmm... off hand, i would say that the
    test is pretty much divided equally between 9X and NT/2000, with some
    basic DOS and troubleshooting type knowledge thrown in.

    It's the details.. honestly, I felt I had to think through the
    questions, eliminating what wasn't the correct answer, leaving me with
    a couple of possibles. Then applying what I know with the choices
    left. You can't "memorize" the answers, like I felt I could do with
    the core test.

    For instance, one question actually asked what the advantages of Win
    98 had over NT/2000? (Select two). A little reverse thinking was in
    order to work through that one. (i.e., identify the advantages of 2000
    over 98 and pick what was left over :) I could braindump a couple of
    more, but this is the wrong place for that, right?

    If you know Win NT 4.0 you shouldn't have a problem with the 2000
    questions... as long as you go over the study material for 2000.

    You'll do just fine :)

    blue

    blue, Oct 31, 2003
  4. blue

    DJSlakoR Guest

    Wow, now try and get a DREAM job with your A+.

    lol.

    -c

    DJSlakoR, Oct 31, 2003
  5. blue

    blue Guest

    4th Edition... which will probably be outdated with the 2003
    objectives kicking in next month... this month... November.
    I believe from reading other posts on here that the next edition is
    due out really soon, if not already.

    blue

    blue, Nov 1, 2003
  6. Hi,

    Congratulatons on the pass. All the best for a bright future!

    Lisa Duchovny, Nov 3, 2003