    Now, I reflect on the many hours I have put into this certication (My
    rendition of Alexander's quest for the fountain of youth) and can say,
    without any reserve what-so-ever, I am GLAD.
    classified public, May 13, 2006

  2. classified public

    Cerebrus Guest

    Congrats on your MCAD.NET !
    Cerebrus, May 14, 2006

  3. "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Congrats on your MCAD.NET !

    Actually it's MCSD.Net (I didn't get MCAD until I got MCSD at the same time)
    because I didn't pass all three Win/Web/XML until very last exam, 70-310
    I never considered MCAD as the goal. My goal from the start was MCSD.

    So, In the certification bank, I deposited in order ...
    70-306 Windows (Oct 27, 2005)
    70-305 Web (Oct 28, 2005)
    70-229 SQL Server 2000 (Dec 09, 2006)
    70-300 ARDSA May 12, 2006)
    70-310 XML (May 13, 2006)
    -----------------------
    MCSD.Net (500 hours self-paced study)
    ________
    ________

    classified public, May 14, 2006
  4. The order in which you passed/took your exams... would you suggest this
    certification be taken in that order?

    I have my MCSD VB6.0 but I an looking for my .net now.

    did you buy the transcender? what did you use to help you in your study? I
    have the MS Press books for this cert. I was thinking of purchasing the
    transcender to help me study.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGplcjA2?=, May 16, 2006
  5. classified public

    Cerebrus Guest

    There is no suggested or recommended order. You can take the exams in
    your preferred sequence. I would suggest, however, to keep the most
    difficult for the last (which is usually considered to be 70-300).

    Here is the order that I gave them in :

    a) 70-306
    b) 70-310
    c) 70-315
    d) 70-340
    e) 70-300

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, May 16, 2006
  6. classified public

    Simon Hart Guest

    I see you are mixing VB and C#. I will finally get around to booking myself
    in for 70-300 v.soon next week most probably.

    Is it really that tough?
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, May 17, 2006
  7. The order was determined by how quickly the exam would add to my personal
    value, income-wise and career-wise, at that specific time. I would suggest
    taking exams based on how it will affect your personal worth, not as most
    people say, according to what is easy or convenient.

    Transcender has a great reputation. I did not go with them because of cost.
    However, I believe ultimately all good practice exams come from brain dumps
    .... one of my brilliant observations. Otherwise, they would be no better
    than your guessing. If I were looking right now, I would go to e-bay or
    pricegrabber and see what's for sale.

    As far as what I actually used ... I take the 5th, other than saying I used
    Sybex books for four exams and some book from I think LearnKey for ARDSA,
    and I made a deal with some one from E-Bay for practice exams.

    But, I will be more direct about braindumps. If a given practice exam is
    not a braindump, it has zero certification value. You don't have to be a
    philosopher to arrive at that conclusion.

    On the flip side, even if you had the ARDSA exam questions, for example
    sake, right in front of you, the exam would still be very difficult to pass.

    Let me shutup before I violate NDA. Anyway. part of my motivation for
    coming out on this issue is that MS stiffed me when I failed my two exams
    and they refused to give me 2nd shot voucher, after the fact. I can
    understand the decision. But, to them, not a big deal. Me, $250 I could
    have used on fixing the broken window in my living room the kid across the
    street broke. Don't want to be a d*ck, so I'll get over it.

    classified public, May 19, 2006
  8. classified public

    Cerebrus Guest

    Thus spake Simon :

    >> I see you are mixing VB and C#. I will finally get around to booking myself
    >> in for 70-300 v.soon next week most probably.

    Yes, you're right. Since I'm comfy with both the languages, I decided
    early on that it might be more beneficial if I demonstrate proficiency
    in both the languages. Most people I have seen don't do this. Matter of
    preference, of course.

    Best of luck for your 70-300... Going to join the MCSD club soon,
    aren't you ! Lookin forward to it... ;-)
    Cerebrus, May 19, 2006