    help...now back to lurk mode.
    Cass
    Halfway there.
    Cass Blackshear, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Nice one Cass!

    I'm booking my exams next week - any chance you could go into a bit more
    detail about what WAS on the test?

    Thanks, and good luck with your OS exam

    JM

    "Cass Blackshear" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah for me. Didn't score as well as I had hoped (574...515 is passing),
    > but hey, I passed. Anywho, for those interested, I used Meyers 5th
    > edition book, A+ for Dummies vol 3, Boson comptia practice tests, and
    > numerous online practice tests. There were a few things on the test I
    > had not seen anywhere, so that threw me for a loop. No IRQ questions,
    > not many printer questions, only a couple of processor questions, and a
    > ton of stuff on various drives and installations. Not what I expected
    > going in, but I think that will better prepare me for the software test.
    > Time to start studying more for it now. Thanks for all the links and
    > help...now back to lurk mode.
    > Cass
    > Halfway there.

    ---
    Jonathan Miles, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Without getting in trouble for going into too much detail...
    know your various drives...ATA, SCSI, etc and which cables go with which
    know BIOS & CMOS and its abilities as well as limitations
    know ALL network topologies and connections, including speed
    know the power supply and all the various connections and possible problems

    I've heard about different people getting much different tests, so be prepared
    to know things like IRQ and processors, as well as bus speeds. For what it's
    worth, I started studying for it in November and have no professional
    experience in PC repair, but have been "tinkering" for many years. I am
    looking to better myself and thought this was a good way to start. Read the
    books, take as many practice tests as possible, and good luck. Thanks
    Cass

    Cass Blackshear, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Good stuff, Cass, thanks very much!

    > Without getting in trouble for going into too much detail...
    > know your various drives...ATA, SCSI, etc and which cables go with which
    > know BIOS & CMOS and its abilities as well as limitations
    > know ALL network topologies and connections, including speed
    > know the power supply and all the various connections and possible

    problems

    > I've heard about different people getting much different tests, so be

    prepared
    > to know things like IRQ and processors, as well as bus speeds. For what

    it's
    > worth, I started studying for it in November and have no professional
    > experience in PC repair, but have been "tinkering" for many years. I am
    > looking to better myself and thought this was a good way to start. Read

    the
    > books, take as many practice tests as possible, and good luck. Thanks
    > Cass
    >
    > Jonathan Miles wrote:
    >
    > > Nice one Cass!
    > >
    > > I'm booking my exams next week - any chance you could go into a bit more
    > > detail about what WAS on the test?
    > >
    > > Thanks, and good luck with your OS exam
    > >
    > > JM
    > >
    > > "Cass Blackshear" <> wrote in

    message
    > > > Yeah for me. Didn't score as well as I had hoped (574...515 is

    passing),
    > > > but hey, I passed. Anywho, for those interested, I used Meyers 5th
    > > > edition book, A+ for Dummies vol 3, Boson comptia practice tests, and
    > > > numerous online practice tests. There were a few things on the test I
    > > > had not seen anywhere, so that threw me for a loop. No IRQ questions,
    > > > not many printer questions, only a couple of processor questions, and

    > > > ton of stuff on various drives and installations. Not what I expected
    > > > going in, but I think that will better prepare me for the software

    test.
    > > > Time to start studying more for it now. Thanks for all the links and
    > > > help...now back to lurk mode.
    > > > Cass
    > > > Halfway there.
    > > >

    > > ---

    ---
    Jonathan Miles, Jan 10, 2004
  5. Cass Blackshear

    A= Voucher Guest

    Congrates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I passed A+ Exam!!!!

    I got discounted voucher from http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp
    for only US $92.
    and two vouchers for only US $182.00

    If you wish to Catch Discounts please hurry up.

    Good Luck

    A= Voucher, Jan 13, 2004
  6. Cass Blackshear

    A= Voucher Guest

    Hello Guy!!!!

    I passed A+ Exam!!!!

    I got discounted voucher from http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp
    for only US $92.
    and two vouchers for only US $182.00

    Here is Certification Prep Guides are , very good price for excellent
    Material
    http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp

    A= Voucher, Jan 14, 2004