Passed the Core exam today

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by PlazticSoul, May 14, 2004.

  1. PlazticSoul

    PlazticSoul Guest

    I passed the A+ Core today, but only by 5 points!! I was stunned to find I
    got more questions about printers than expected, and some of the questions
    were difficult to figure out because of typos (!!!!!). All I care about is I
    passed. Completed the test in about 30 minutes.

    For those still studying, my only real source of info was Mike Meyer's
    "All-In-One Exam Guide, 5th Edition" and additional sample tests I found
    online.

    My only regrets are not bothering to learn more about AMD processors, and
    printers.

    Memorize the names, maximum lengths and transfer speeds of every type of
    cable. Memorize your IRQ's, DMA assignments, COM/LPT assignments. This info
    was worth learning!!!

    I am taking a break for a week to clear my mind... then review for 2 more
    weeks before taking the O.S. exam.

    Good luck, people!
    PlazticSoul, May 14, 2004

  2. congrats man, it feels good huh? I got a 564on the core, its a low score but
    I was just happy pass. Thats all my employer wants. Just to be certified,
    doesn't care if I can fix anything. I think if you reviewed the test and
    took more than 30 minutes too you might of done better. I was done in 30
    minutes as well, but I reviewed and reviewed.

    Fred Mathering, May 15, 2004

  3. PlazticSoul

    Guest

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 17:03:24 -0500, "PlazticSoul"
    <> wrote:

    >I passed the A+ Core today, but only by 5 points!! I was stunned to find I
    >got more questions about printers than expected, and some of the questions
    >were difficult to figure out because of typos (!!!!!). All I care about is I
    >passed. Completed the test in about 30 minutes.
    >
    >For those still studying, my only real source of info was Mike Meyer's
    >"All-In-One Exam Guide, 5th Edition" and additional sample tests I found
    >online.
    >
    >My only regrets are not bothering to learn more about AMD processors, and
    >printers.
    >
    >Memorize the names, maximum lengths and transfer speeds of every type of
    >cable. Memorize your IRQ's, DMA assignments, COM/LPT assignments. This info
    >was worth learning!!!
    >
    >I am taking a break for a week to clear my mind... then review for 2 more
    >weeks before taking the O.S. exam.
    >

    >Good luck, people!

    Thanks for the info. Gonna take both tests in a couple of weeks, let
    me know what to expect from the OS test please.
    , May 22, 2004
  4. PlazticSoul

    jeff Guest

    Apparently, I am the only one who takes their time.
    Is this stuff about flying through the test bragging?
    I sure wouldn't try to tackle it in thirty minutes unless most every
    question
    was a breeze.
    One of the worlds smartest men claims to read and do things very
    slowly in order to fully understand what he is doing.
    jeff, May 23, 2004
  5. PlazticSoul

    JAGJR Guest

    There's a thread on here from a fellow who recently passed the exam. And
    I'm sure he put in hours of study in order to get his certificate.

    He mentioned he's average intelligence and ( I'm paraphrasing) a little
    memory impaired.

    Well, double that for me.

    Now ..I need to take my time too ..so you're not alone. So, there's at
    least one more person in this world that takes his time.

    Best wishes and success.
    JAGJR, May 24, 2004
  6. PlazticSoul

    bobG Guest

    (jeff) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Apparently, I am the only one who takes their time.
    > Is this stuff about flying through the test bragging?
    > I sure wouldn't try to tackle it in thirty minutes unless most every
    > question
    > was a breeze.
    > One of the worlds smartest men claims to read and do things very
    > slowly in order to fully understand what he is doing.

    Well said, Jeff. Who is that man? He is so right.
    bobG, May 24, 2004
  7. PlazticSoul

    PlazticSoul Guest

    "jeff" <> wrote in message
    > Apparently, I am the only one who takes their time.
    > Is this stuff about flying through the test bragging?
    > I sure wouldn't try to tackle it in thirty minutes unless most every
    > question
    > was a breeze.
    > One of the worlds smartest men claims to read and do things very
    > slowly in order to fully understand what he is doing.

    I am by NO means bragging that I rushed through the exam!! What can I say? I
    just don't test well and I was extremely nervous and I didn't even pay
    attention to the time when I was in there. When I was done, I was done! But
    I had studied for 4 months. Sorry to hear you thought I was bragging.
    PlazticSoul, May 24, 2004
  8. On 23 May 2004 06:12:24 -0700, (jeff) wrote:

    >Apparently, I am the only one who takes their time.
    >Is this stuff about flying through the test bragging?
    >I sure wouldn't try to tackle it in thirty minutes unless most every
    >question
    >was a breeze.
    >One of the worlds smartest men claims to read and do things very
    >slowly in order to fully understand what he is doing.

    Different strokes for different folks. When I tested in 2000, it was
    during the beta test of the new adaptive tests. I had to take time
    from work to do the test, so I rushed through the 216 questions (136
    counted, the other 80 were adaptive and did not count). I drove from
    work, parked about 2 blocks from the testing center, walked to the
    center, got set up, did my tests, got my results, walked back to the
    car, drove home to tell my wife my results, made a couple of telephone
    calls, and drove back to work. Total time was about 35 minutes, of
    which less than half of that was test time. I was comfortable with the
    material, and didn't feel the need to dwell on things. YMMV

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, May 24, 2004