passed the 70-290

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Bob, Dec 3, 2005.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    After many years of Windows NT experience I studied the Microsoft Self-Paced
    Training Kit and barely passed the test, but did pass it on the first attempt.

    There were a few questions that I was unprepared for:

    Terminal server licensing: turns out there is an Appendix A at the back of the
    book that I didn't notice that covers terminal server. There was one question
    on licensing and another on restricting connections or not allowing disconnects
    and I had to guess on both of them.

    VBS: I am an experienced programmer and I had to read that VB script very
    carefully to find what I thought was the correct answer. I don't think I would
    suggest that someone study just for that question, make a guess and hope you get
    enough of the other questions right. :)

    IIS: Know how to backup and restore the settings.

    I guess I'll stop there to make sure I don't overstep the non-disclosure.
    Anyway, I'm glad to have it behind me.

    Bob, Dec 3, 2005