    PS: For those who are preparing for these exams, I studied the MS Self-Paced
    and Transcender kits for one week. These prepared me very well, as the
    actual tests were much easier and I was able to score both in the 900 range.

    Chachi, Apr 2, 2007

  2. Chachi

    Chachi Guest

    I understand that perspective, and I'm chill about it.

    But seriously, four days is a long time in this industry. You would think
    my test center would be able to transmit my data to Microsoft instantly.
    What is it that I'm waiting for? It's not like they mail my test results to
    the call center in India via UPS (please allow 4-6 weeks for customs
    inspection) ...or do they?

    Chachi, Apr 2, 2007

  3. You took the test going into the weekend. Your email should arrive this
    week. If not by Friday, contact the Microsoft Region Support Center.
    Good Luck.

    --

    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    The Classroom Blog

    CertGuard Member
    The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
    www.CertGuard.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 2, 2007
  4. Chachi

    Jeff Guest

    I would say just be patient. I took my test on March 26th and I haven't
    received an email yet. I am not concerned. It will happen.

    Jeff, Apr 3, 2007
  5. Chachi

    Mariolucio Guest

    You have to order your welcome kit, after that, takes between four to six
    weeks until you get.
    You must go too MCP web site to do that.
    I passed in march 13 and get my welcome kit yesterday april 03, but I don't
    understand why I do not get my e-mail invitation yet, so I can take test
    70-621 for vista!!!!
    so take easy, and be patient, you gona get, by the way, came from singapore.
    Mariolucio
    MCP, MCDST

    Mariolucio, Apr 4, 2007
  6. Chachi

    BW64 Guest

    How was the exam. Did the exam cover everything that was in the MCDST
    70-271 and 272 Training Kit from Microsoft? Was those are the books you used
    to study for the exam? Look forward to hear your feedback.
    --
    Bruce Wms

    BW64, Apr 5, 2007
  7. Chachi

    Chachi Guest

    The exams were much easier than expected. The sample questions in the MS
    Training Kits are more difficult. I studied the training kit for 70-271, but
    didn't bother for 70-272. I also used the Transcender tests for both exams
    to gauge myself.

    Today I passed the 70-270 with an 873, definitely a bit more difficult. But
    again, not as difficult as the study material (got the MS Training Kit for
    this one). I'm going for MSCA now, btw.
    -Chachi

    Chachi, Apr 7, 2007
  8. Chachi

    Chachi Guest

    Original poster here. Still no email.
    I'll never understand why it takes so long. Two weeks? Everyone says "be
    patient", but come on: at $100 a pop, we should get faster service! :)

    Chachi, Apr 7, 2007
  9. "Chachi" <> wrote in message

    > Original poster here. Still no email.
    > I'll never understand why it takes so long. Two weeks? Everyone says "be
    > patient", but come on: at $100 a pop, we should get faster service! :)

    <Snippin'>

    Have you called your testing center concerning this matter? Request that
    they resend your results.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    The I.T. Classroom - http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 7, 2007
  10. Chachi

    catwalker63 Guest

    Chachi piffled away vaguely:

    > Original poster here. Still no email.
    > I'll never understand why it takes so long. Two weeks? Everyone says "be
    > patient", but come on: at $100 a pop, we should get faster service! :)

    This isn't drive-thru and they're not on the clock. And this isn't a
    service.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Apr 7, 2007
  11. Chachi

    Chachi Guest

    I understand your point, and I respect the privilege and honor of being a
    Microsoft Certified Professional (which I will convey to prospective
    employers during forthcoming job interviews).

    Having said that, everything up to this waiting game has been VERY drive-thru:

    March 20 - Decided to become an MCP and start with MCDST exams. Bought a
    book at Fry's after work.
    March 26 - Confident that I will pass the exams, I invest $200 and schedule
    70-271 and 70-272.
    March 28 - I pass both and become an MCDST.

    Where's my ROI? That's all I ask. Look, service is a MAJOR component of
    the MS Cert process. Why do you think Pearson-Vue emails us those surveys?

    I'm not saying this should be a trip to McDonald's, but it's more like the
    DMV (which is regarded as a service), and my MCDST is like a driver's
    license. The DMV gives you a temporary license after you pass their exams,
    which grants you immediate access to the privilege of driving, same day. Now
    THAT'S service! :)

    -Chachi

    Chachi, Apr 7, 2007
  12. Chachi

    catwalker63 Guest

    Chachi piffled away vaguely:

    > I understand your point, and I respect the privilege and honor of being a
    > Microsoft Certified Professional (which I will convey to prospective
    > employers during forthcoming job interviews).
    >
    > Having said that, everything up to this waiting game has been VERY drive-thru:
    >
    > March 20 - Decided to become an MCP and start with MCDST exams. Bought a
    > book at Fry's after work.
    > March 26 - Confident that I will pass the exams, I invest $200 and schedule
    > 70-271 and 70-272.
    > March 28 - I pass both and become an MCDST.
    >
    > Where's my ROI? That's all I ask. Look, service is a MAJOR component of
    > the MS Cert process. Why do you think Pearson-Vue emails us those surveys?
    >
    > I'm not saying this should be a trip to McDonald's, but it's more like the
    > DMV (which is regarded as a service), and my MCDST is like a driver's
    > license. The DMV gives you a temporary license after you pass their exams,
    > which grants you immediate access to the privilege of driving, same day. Now
    > THAT'S service! :)

    Are these your first exams? I think the process speeds up after the
    first one but there's probably some extra stuff that has to happen the
    first time. It might not be completely automated. In the meantime, you
    have the piece of paper from the testing center that says you passed.
    That should be enough for your interviews for the time being.

    Don't expect a speedy ROI. I'm not convinced we certified are the ones
    reaping the rewards. I know MS benefits and our employers may or may not
    benefit. I have reaped rewards in understanding and edification from my
    MCSE process but I'm not seeing the money.

    And I hope it never gets like the DMV. Those people are really crabby.
    ;)

    catwalker63, Apr 8, 2007
  13. Chachi

    Chachi Guest

    These are my first MS exams, yes. I'll take your word that my printouts from
    the test center will be proof enough for the time being.

    Here's a thought: Could this delay have anything to do with the fact that
    the MCP website was offline from March 27 to March 29? (see
    http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/03/26/git-yer-fix-now-boys-or-mcp-site-downtime-notice.aspx)

    I took my initial exams on the 28th.
    -Chachi

    Chachi, Apr 8, 2007
  14. Chachi

    catwalker63 Guest

    Chachi piffled away vaguely:

    > These are my first MS exams, yes. I'll take your word that my printouts from
    > the test center will be proof enough for the time being.
    >
    > Here's a thought: Could this delay have anything to do with the fact that
    > the MCP website was offline from March 27 to March 29? (see
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/03/26/git-yer-fix-now-boys-or-mcp-site-downtime-notice.aspx)
    >
    > I took my initial exams on the 28th.
    > -Chachi

    They say it could take two weeks and it's only been a week and a half.
    I don't think the website being down has caused the delay. If you don't
    hear by Wednesday, call the testing sender and have them resend the
    results. Have you checked your account with the testing center, BTW?
    The results should show there as well.

    catwalker63, Apr 9, 2007
  15. Chachi

    Chachi Guest

    After faxing my test results to Microsoft on the 10th, I finally received an
    email with my access code for the MCP website. I'm in!

    Chachi, Apr 12, 2007