Passed OS!

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Mike Smith, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. Mike Smith

    Mike Smith Guest

    I passed the OS test this morning! I had passed the Core two weeks
    ago, so I guess that means I'm now A+ Certified! I scored a 900 on
    the Core test, but only a 660 on the OS. I would definitely agree
    with those who say the OS test is harder than the Core. Although, I
    must admit I studied harder for the Core than I did for the OS. I had
    little experience working with hardware, so I really wanted to make
    sure I had it down pat. The OS seemed more "intuitive" than the
    hardware, but I have to admit I was sweating bullets on a few of those
    questions.

    I just can't believe it's finally over. My wife is probably happier
    than I am. She is finally getting her husband back. She actually
    dropped off a beautiful bouquet of flowers by work this afternoon to
    celebrate. We're going out to a nice dinner tonight too.

    I know there are those who say the A+ doesn't mean much these days,
    but when your employer tells you you need it to get the job you want,
    believe me, it becomes very important.

    I cannot believe I'm facing an entire weekend where I don't have to
    worry about or study for this damn test.

    For those of you still preparing for it, all I can say is that if I
    can do it, anybody can do it. Good luck.

    Mike

    Mike Smith, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Mike Smith

    Frederic Guest

    Congratulations

    --
    Frederic
    http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com

    Frederic, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Mike Smith

    MartyM Guest

    Congrats!

    I found that the OS exam had a few questions that were not in my study
    material.

    As far as what it can do for you - get you in the door! I have over 30
    years experience in systems, repair, troubleshooting, etc. and still
    have people ask me if I am certified. In my experience I have run
    across many certified people who have basic knowledge but can not
    apply it to real world situations - that only comes with experience.
    You have to take your basic knowledge and build on it with experience.
    I decided to obtain some certs - A+ to start, then MCSE, Network+,
    Security+, Cisco, AIX Advanced technical Expert. These should take me
    the better part of a year to complete, as I am using only books and
    practice tests as my study materials.

    One word of advice - every person and every situation you encounter
    will add to your knowledge. You have to have an open mind and realize
    that ther is something to be learned from everyone.

    On 17 Oct 2003 14:48:44 -0700, (Mike Smith) wrote:

    >I passed the OS test this morning! I had passed the Core two weeks
    >ago, so I guess that means I'm now A+ Certified! I scored a 900 on
    >the Core test, but only a 660 on the OS. I would definitely agree
    >with those who say the OS test is harder than the Core. Although, I
    >must admit I studied harder for the Core than I did for the OS. I had
    >little experience working with hardware, so I really wanted to make
    >sure I had it down pat. The OS seemed more "intuitive" than the
    >hardware, but I have to admit I was sweating bullets on a few of those
    >questions.
    >
    >I just can't believe it's finally over. My wife is probably happier
    >than I am. She is finally getting her husband back. She actually
    >dropped off a beautiful bouquet of flowers by work this afternoon to
    >celebrate. We're going out to a nice dinner tonight too.
    >
    >I know there are those who say the A+ doesn't mean much these days,
    >but when your employer tells you you need it to get the job you want,
    >believe me, it becomes very important.
    >
    >I cannot believe I'm facing an entire weekend where I don't have to
    >worry about or study for this damn test.
    >
    >For those of you still preparing for it, all I can say is that if I
    >can do it, anybody can do it. Good luck.
    >
    >Mike

    MartyM
    any junk email sent to my address constitutes permission
    to use the sender's computer for any purpose I desire.

    MartyM, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Mike Smith

    jose3030 Guest

    >One word of advice - every person and every situation you encounter
    >will add to your knowledge. You have to have an open mind and realize
    >that ther is something to be learned from everyone.

    Truer words have never been said.

    jose3030, Oct 20, 2003