Passed OS Yesterday - Now Certified

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Bill Jones, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. Bill Jones

    Bill Jones Guest

    Passed OS exam yesterday with a 522, not the greatest but a pass none
    the less. Passed the Core Hardware with a 576 a month ago. I used Mike
    Myers all-in-one for study guide for both but found it best for
    hardware, not so much for software. Found the OS exam fair but
    difficult, my six months experience as a part time tech definitely
    helped, probably more than reading the text over and over. I also used
    OS practice exams from PrepLogic as there practice exams sore similar
    to the actual exam. My scores with the all-in-one were anywhere from
    78% - 96%, practice test with PrepLogic were from 585 to a 681. With
    these scores I thought I was more than ready for the actual exams.
    PrepLogic tests were very difficult compared to Mike's, but different
    and off topic from time to time, with questions that start with, "You
    are the Network Administrator..." and "You work as the Administrative
    Tech..." questions that I thought would be more for a Net+ exam but
    definitely does test your knowledge on Networking. Would I recommend
    it? ... I don't know, simply because the actual exam is some how
    different. So many questions I had to think, "did I ever read that
    before?" Had a good variety of questions from command line stuff, NT,
    a couple '95, several '98/ME and 2000 questions and only a couple XP
    questions. Having never seen or worked with NT found these very
    difficult.

    One thing that I think is wrong is we should be able to review the
    questions that we got wrong on the exam. Maybe knowing what we did
    wrong will help us in our future careers as tech's. (you learn from
    your mistakes.) For those still studying for the exams, the practice
    test loose value as to how well you are doing the more you take them.
    I found it best to really concentrate on and print off the questions I
    got wrong. For now I am just glad it's over, I am certified, and
    hitting the pavement on Monday looking for fulltime tech work. In the
    mean time I think I will be looking towards getting the MCP
    Certification. To the rest looking to take the exams, good luck. Any
    one have any questions I will be back here to see if I can help
    anyone. I want to give a big thanks to all those who have helped me
    out here with there experiences and knowledge, there is a great group
    of people here.

    Bill
    A+

    Bill Jones, Jun 18, 2004

  2. good job buddy, thanks for the info, I am looking to do my OS test end of
    june, passed the core with 564. I have little computer experience as I do
    not work on computers all day long, but the boss wants us A+ cert.

    Fred Mathering, Jun 19, 2004

  3. Bill Jones

    JAGJR Guest

    May I ask if you had any questions in regard to W/2003 Server?

    I'm working with Transcender's tests ..at this moment ..and am surprised at
    the number of W/2003 Server questions they have in their exams.

    John G.

    JAGJR, Jun 19, 2004
  4. Bill Jones

    Renata Guest

    I took OS today (yes, passed!) and had no W/2003 questions. I did have
    one subnet masks question, one IRQ, and several more that are more of
    core domain, not OS.

    Renata, Jun 19, 2004
  5. Bill Jones

    JAGJR Guest

    Thank you.

    John G.

    JAGJR, Jun 19, 2004
  6. Bill Jones

    Bill Jones Guest

    No, I did not have any Server 2003 questions on the actual exam, I was
    surprised as to the number of such questions I had from the PrepLogic
    practice exam. I used Transcender's test prior to the hardware exam
    and I think the point of it is, if you can understand and wrap your
    brain around such difficult questions, you should have no problem with
    the actual exam and not panic when you see a more difficult question
    on the exam.

    Bill Jones, Jun 20, 2004
  7. Bill Jones

    Frederic Guest

    congratulation.
    --
    Frederic
    MCP, IT Project+, i-Net+, CIW Associate, A+

    Frederic, Jun 23, 2004
  8. Bill Jones

    Brandy Guest

    only one? ;) I like to give out more, as in "congratulations," if they only
    want one, they only take one, most people take two, though!

    Brandy, Jun 23, 2004