Passed OS 220-302

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by webzila, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. webzila

    webzila Guest

    Took the 220-302 exam this morning.
    Finished in about 30 min. Passed with a 636
    I got a 632 on the HW test but I really thought that this one was much
    much easier...I could of reviewed some questions for a higher grade but
    I was confident that I passed so I submitted it..

    There were alot of Networking concepts which included several questions
    about Subnet masks and IP/Subnet classes. There was also a question
    asking about a certain command line switch for a ping command (not a
    commonly used switch).

    There were some questions about files needed to start up NT and Win9x
    computers...none of the questions asked about the boot order.

    There was one weird question about disk spanning between Win2k and
    Win9x.

    The rest was just basic stuff...things that you see over and over again
    in all of the available practice tests and books.

    The materials that I used to study were:
    ExamCram2 A+ 2nd Ed.
    ExamCram2 Practice Questions
    PrepLogic & MesureUp Testing software that came with the ExamCram2
    books'
    VN Publishing A+ Testing Software (very nice) - available at
    http://www.vnpublishing.com
    Cert21.com 220-302 Exams
    And various other free sites such as freecomptia.com and others.

    Probably the next cert that I will go for is Network+ ... maybe next
    summer

    webzila, Jul 27, 2004

  2. webzila

    metalmangler Guest

    I noticed today on the comptia website that the Network + exam will be
    expanded to cover new objectives by the end of the acedemic school year
    2005.

    metalmangler, Aug 6, 2004