    about 6 years now and have not gotten the exposure to some of the subjects
    covered.

    Now, I get to begin the road to 70-272.

    lisa, Mar 4, 2007

  2. lisa

    Harmen Guest

    Congratulaions!!

    You did a good job!

    Harmen
    MCP, MCDST

    Harmen, Mar 4, 2007

  3. lisa

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Harmen" wrote:

    > Congratulaions!!
    >
    > You did a good job!
    >
    > Harmen
    > MCP, MCDST
    >
    > "lisa" <> schreef in bericht
    > > I've been reading all the posts in this group for the past month or so
    > > trying
    > > to get a feel for how my first exam would go. I went this morning and
    > > passed
    > > on the first try. I'm not very happy with the score, 783, but I'm just
    > > happy
    > > to have passed. With it being my first cert exam ever, I was scared and
    > > nervous. I didn't think I would pass. I went through the objective and
    > > practice questions on the MS cd and I was barely passing the objectives
    > > and
    > > not passing the practice ones at all ! The test was hard to me, not easy
    > > at
    > > all. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I've been in the IT field
    > > for
    > > about 6 years now and have not gotten the exposure to some of the subjects
    > > covered.
    > >
    > > Now, I get to begin the road to 70-272.

    Hi Lisa

    Well done - don't beat yourself up over your score; it is perfectly
    respectable!

    Hopefully the 272 exam will be easier - there is a lot of overlap between
    271 and 272.

    Best wishes

    IT Girl

    TheITGirl, Mar 4, 2007
  4. Hey good job Lisa. Want to know what they call a person who passes this
    exam with a 700? An MCP... Congratulations.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 4, 2007
  5. lisa

    Jo Guest

    Lisa:

    Congrats! I passed mine on Friday, so I know what you were feeling. And
    yes "sweating bullets" was the correct terminology! I thought I was going to
    have a stroke - my heart was pounding so hard that I thought it was going to
    come through my chest. Wine does wonders!

    Congrats again on your passing.
    --
    Motochick

    Jo, Mar 5, 2007
  6. lisa

    Richard Guest

    Congratulations!
    Uh...you took the test on a Sunday? Really

    Richard

    Richard, Mar 5, 2007
  7. lisa

    lisa Guest

    yes. I'm grateful to have a location near me that has weekend test dates.
    There's no way I could make time during the week.

    Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback!

    Lisa

    lisa, Mar 5, 2007
  8. Good day:
    Congratulations Lisa !

    I am planning to take the 271 exam this week (or maybe next). Have not been
    comfortable with my scoring on the Press CD Practice Exams so your post is
    interesting to me. Did you use only the Press book CD, or did you use
    additional tests for study? Also, would you say there a lot of, or many,
    questions that you did not see on the CD?

    I'm leaning toward working to score well on the Press CD and not even
    bothering with using supplemental exams from 3rd party companies. Bill

    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 5, 2007
  9. lisa

    lisa Guest

    I started out using the Sybex book and was wondering "is that it?" after I
    finished the 271 portion. Then, I started reading this forum and not too
    many people had anything good to say about the Sybex book so I started
    getting nervous. I then purchased the Microsoft self-paced training book and
    boy was I glad I did. I took a sample test of questions from the MS cd and
    realized I was not prepared at all. I had already scheduled my exam after
    the Sybex book and I quickly cancelled it after opening the MS book. I did
    not use any other 3rd party tests, didn't want to spend any more money than I
    had.

    After all the posts I've seen on other subjects concerning the
    non-disclosure agreement, I'm not sure I can answer your question about the
    questions on the test. I think it's safe to say that if you use the MS book
    and you score fairly well on the practice questions you'll do well on the
    test. Like I said, I was doing well on the objective and terrible on the
    practice questions and I passed. Difficulty-wise, I'd say the test questions
    are at the level of the practice questions, not the objective questions on
    the cd. I hope this makes sense.

    Lisa

    lisa, Mar 5, 2007
  10. Good day:

    Yes Lisa, you have made a lot of sense. Although, it seems you also have
    become conditioned to be fearful of the NDA. The NDA is meant to keep people
    from doing a "brain dump" of specific questions and answers.

    You wrote "do fairly well on the practise questions," what do you consider
    to be doing "fairly well" on the practice questions? In other words, can one
    be as low as say 60-65% on the practice questions, and be encouraged to sit
    for the exam at the level of scoring? Am wondering if I should sit now or
    continue to study?

    By the way, considering how so many are so afraid of the NDA, I submit the
    following question: has anyone noticed that Hollywood has yet to release a
    movie setting forth the details regarding the 1917 Bolshevik Revoution and
    the rise of Communism in Russia?

    How many people realize that Russian Communism was an "enterprise of
    Capitalism" and financed out of New York? The details surrounding the leaders
    that exported Communism to Russia by way of Bolshevism, are too shocking for
    most people and therefore no one is willing to expose them on film. Ponder
    the term that Lenine used for those that followed the leaders of Bolshvism,
    Lenine called the followers the "useful idiots." But that's a matter for a
    different discussion group. Bill

    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 5, 2007
  11. lisa

    TheITGirl Guest

    Hello Bill

    I think you would probably be OK on the exam, but I would try and get up to
    70% on the practice tests if I were you, just to improve your confidence.

    I found the level of the questions was pitched somewhere between the
    objective questions and the practice tests on the MS Press CD. Some of the
    answers were really obvious and others took a bit more thought. You will be
    given a pencil and paper to take with you to the exam cubicle (useful if you
    get a tough question on file permissions!).

    As for my views on the NDA, visit Michael Alligood's blog or see the
    "Demystifying the NDA" thread below.

    Best wishes

    IT Girl

    TheITGirl, Mar 5, 2007
  12. lisa

    Angel Guest

    Hey Lisa
    Congratulations...........good luck on your 70-272

    Angel, Mar 5, 2007
  13. Good day:

    Thank you, I do plan to get the scoring up to 70% on the MS Press Practice
    tests and trust that level will be sufficient. Got kind of stuck at the
    60-65% level, partly because of my vision and the issues I am having viewing
    the monitor over a period of time.

    Will now try printing the questions and reviewing them on paper, that should
    help. Consider that most people that are at retirement age like myself are
    not working on Microsoft certifications. Bye the way, don't let anyone say
    that the letters MB stand for the Mark of the Beast. Remember this, the Gates
    of Hell shall not prevail ! Bill

    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 5, 2007