Passed Microsoft Word 2002 Expert

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by James, Sep 9, 2004.

  1. James

    James Guest

    With 800, passing is 630.
    Wasn't that bad but I do have some tips for all those searching the
    net for some genuine answers. I know I never found any really good
    info myself.

    The testing center used a 17 inch monitor running 800 x 600 resolution
    with a sorry 60 refresh rate. So be prepared to work with a cramped
    screen and eyestrain.

    It wasn't a piece of cake and I did stress a little bit. I spent like
    10 min on the first 2 questions out of 14. I just didn't know how to
    do something and I eventually just moved on. I suggest you do the same
    if you find that you spend too much time on a question. I finished the
    test with 5 min left over.

    What I used to prepare:
    My hands on experience (which I think wasn't that much). I got a rude
    awakening when I was working on a word project at work. I decided to
    get some marerial and study.
    I used Course Technology Shelly Cashman Series "Microsoft Word 2002
    Comprehensive Concepts and Techniques". Make sure you get the
    comprehensive with 9 projects and DO THEM ALL.
    This is important! Do not skim through the book. Do all the exercies
    and chapter labs! The book provides all the skill standards as
    microsoft requires.
    ISBN is 078956288X
    Even saying that I missed a few questions so it's not piece of cake.
    Practical hands on experience is the key.

    I did not take the core test, just went straight to the expert. For
    those that have absolutely no hands on work experience in word I would
    suggest you take core first.

    Good luck!
    James, Sep 9, 2004

  2. James

    Guest Guest

    I passes it a year ago. It was pretty easy.

    Guest, Sep 9, 2004