    I took three weeks to study for the exam. I read this newsgroup on a daily basis.More questions on device drivers than I would expect, but overall not bad.

    Good Luck,

    Chen

    Chen, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Congratulations. Remember you NDA you agreed to when discussing exam
    content. So you have one more to go?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 4, 2007

  3. Chen

    greygoose Guest

    Michael D. Alligood wrote:
    > Congratulations. Remember you NDA you agreed to when discussing exam
    > content. So you have one more to go?
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor
    >

    > "Chen" <Chen> wrote in message news::
    >
    >> Passed 70-271 today with a score of 823. I studied with the MSPress
    >> textbook as well as the Measure-Up and WswExams online practice tests.
    >>
    >> I took three weeks to study for the exam. I read this newsgroup on a
    >> daily basis.More questions on device drivers than I would expect, but
    >> overall not bad.
    >>
    >> Good Luck,
    >>
    >> Chen

    Congratulations!! Hard work paid off.
    Alligood, what is NDA? What does that mean? What do those letters stand for?

    greygoose, Jan 4, 2007
  4. NDA stands for Non Disclosure Agreement. It is the agreement you have to
    well... agree to in order to take the exam. Here is a copy
    https://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/policies/nda.mspx

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 5, 2007
  5. Chen

    TurkReno Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in

    > NDA stands for Non Disclosure Agreement. It is the agreement you have
    > to well... agree to in order to take the exam. Here is a copy
    > https://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/policies/nda.mspx
    >

    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor
    >

    > "greygoose" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Michael D. Alligood wrote:
    >> > Congratulations. Remember you NDA you agreed to when discussing
    >> > exam content. So you have one more to go?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Michael D. Alligood
    >> > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    >> > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    >> > CIW Certified Instructor

    Michael,

    Here is something that I want you to read that I wrote a week or two
    ago:

    The MCNGP is a non-profit group who receives no compensation currently
    of 54 different people, some active - some not, who are anti-hacking,
    discover and report exploits to companies ranging from Microsoft, Cisco,
    and the like, and who work with the before mentioned companies to ensure
    that their certification exams are not violated by people posting the
    questions, answers, or any proprietary information that would break the
    Non-Disclosure Agreement that is given at the beginning of the test.
    Breaking the NDA violates International Copyright law and can revoke any
    certifications given to you by these companies. The certifications prove
    that you are an expert in the area.

    ***

    Consider that please.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 6, 2007
  6. That sounds like a very worthy cause that I whole heartedly support. Was
    this an excerpt of an article you wrote? Also, what am I to consider per
    your request?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 6, 2007
  7. Chen

    TurkReno Guest

    Yep, if you want to read it, go to the forum at www.turkreno.com/forum and
    sign up. And at www.mcngp.com.

    > Also, what am I to consider per your request?

    That's your decision. You decide that.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 7, 2007
  8. Well if I am to consider joining the MCNGP, I am not sure I could live
    up to the proficiencies listed! Although you have your moments of
    clarity, if I jumped to offer of recruitment by my mistake, it was only
    because I have no idea what you want me to consider. I do thank you for
    explaining in detail to everyone what the MCNGP is all about. And as I
    said, although I agree with the cause, I do not agree with the method at
    times (i.e. flaming and belittlement). There are times when even I get
    frustrated with the simple questions that could be *easily* answered by
    Google. But those are the ones I choose not to participate in.

    Many people do not think before they speak. They do not research before
    they ask. In other words, you get what has been happening for a greater
    part of the existence with various newsgroups - opinions concerning
    technology are unsupported, fictional nonsense. IMHO, the reason people
    do not research is because for them posting their questions on a
    newsgroup and wanting someone else to do the leg work is easier. What
    they fail to understand is that the people who dedicate they time and
    expertise in helping these individuals are NOT their employees. We do
    not work for those asking these questions. What we get in return are
    emotional, rude responses to our factual posts. There are times when I
    can read a person is having trouble communicating his or hers problem,
    and I will (with patience) help them along. But it seems to be more
    common that people do not want to think for themselves. And again I
    remedy that by simply not participating in the thread.

    Hears the thing; flaming will not solve the issue. The newsgroups are
    not here for the purpose of taking your bad day out on individuals who
    *may* be asking a somewhat simple question that you know the answer to.
    I would rather you participate with a answer or not at all. Do you know
    why Trolls do what they do? Because they know someone WILL respond. What
    would happen if no one responded? There is a fine line between a flamer
    and a troll.

    Damn did I digress or what?!?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 7, 2007
  9. i think thats a great post. very funny Michael

    Keith Chilton, Jan 7, 2007
  10. Chen

    TurkReno Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in

    > Well if I am to consider joining the MCNGP, I am not sure I could live
    > up to the proficiencies listed! Although you have your moments of
    > clarity, if I jumped to offer of recruitment by my mistake, it was
    > only because I have no idea what you want me to consider.

    You can consider all you want, I told you the choice was yours. Google
    is your friend though, that's all I have to say in regards to the offer
    for nomination.

    Now, if I were to get on here and be completely incoherent, which I
    usually do, then it would be concensus that I am a fool and a troll
    myself. In reality, I've helped many people pass their exams by
    directing them to the correct study materials just as you have. I might
    not go on a three page diatribe about it like you do =), but still, the
    point is short and sweet and they have their answer.

    As I said before, there was a point where I was leading this forum in
    posts, and it wasn't all flames, it was help. Realize that if an
    intelligent question is posed that the MCNGP in general won't always
    answer it, they'll give it to someone else to answer or if someone
    *feels* like answering it, then they will. But, I speak for what I've
    seen myself in the days that I'm posting now and not for the MCNGP as a
    whole in its entire existance.

    All in all, not always does everyone get the "inside joke".

    > I do thank you for explaining in detail to everyone what the MCNGP is
    > all about. And as I said, although I agree with the cause, I do not
    > agree with the method at times (i.e. flaming and belittlement). There
    > are times when even I get frustrated with the simple questions that
    > could be *easily* answered by Google. But those are the ones I choose
    > not to participate in.

    Not all of us flame regularly, but its a good practice. Sometimes, you
    truly can ask too many questions that are stupid. Its not about just
    Google, if you were to look at posts that were made prior to answering
    one question, you can find that its been answered several different
    times in many different ways, such as "Which test was harder, the 70-271
    or 70-272"....I can't tell you how many times I've seen that and I just
    want to reply with something that seems fitting for the mood that I'm
    in. May not always be a *bad* mood, but still, its not going to be
    nice. You should try if it won't mess up your "Chi" and flame at least
    one person, see how much better it makes your day.

    > Many people do not think before they speak. They do not research
    > before they ask. In other words, you get what has been happening for a
    > greater part of the existence with various newsgroups - opinions
    > concerning technology are unsupported, fictional nonsense. IMHO, the
    > reason people do not research is because for them posting their
    > questions on a newsgroup and wanting someone else to do the leg work
    > is easier. What they fail to understand is that the people who
    > dedicate they time and expertise in helping these individuals are NOT
    > their employees. We do not work for those asking these questions. What
    > we get in return are emotional, rude responses to our factual posts.
    > There are times when I can read a person is having trouble
    > communicating his or hers problem, and I will (with patience) help
    > them along. But it seems to be more common that people do not want to
    > think for themselves. And again I remedy that by simply not
    > participating in the thread.

    The above applies to this paragraph as well.

    > Hears the thing; flaming will not solve the issue. The newsgroups are
    > not here for the purpose of taking your bad day out on individuals who
    > *may* be asking a somewhat simple question that you know the answer
    > to.

    Yes, it will. Makes me feel better. As you stated above, these people
    are not our employees and they have no direct association with us other
    than communication across the internet. As an MCDST, the first thing
    that you should learn is to search the internet. Its Microsoft's most
    basic MCP certification. Apes in China have passed it and they don't
    even use braindumps, just Google. There was a study on it somewhere. I
    forget where, but it was there.

    > I would rather you participate with a answer or not at all.
    > Do you know why Trolls do what they do? Because they know someone WILL
    > respond. What would happen if no one responded? There is a fine line
    > between a flamer and a troll.

    There's also a fine line between a hooker and a stripper, but I'll save
    us all the trouble of going there. Strippers tease (no touching),
    Hookers give it up (i.e., Troll).

    > Damn did I digress or what?!?

    Yep. Good job and a gold star for you.

    TurkReno, Jan 8, 2007
  11. > There's also a fine line between a hooker and a stripper, but I'll
    save us all the trouble of going there. Strippers tease (no touching),
    Hookers give it up (i.e., Troll).

    If that is all anyone gathers from this conversation, it was well worth
    it! Thanks Lasher! Good response and insight.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 8, 2007