    70-271
    70-272

    Where should I go for here I am confused Please Help
    joseramonperez, May 11, 2007

  2. joseramonperez

    molsonexpert Guest

    You've passed three exams, but don't know where to go next, and are
    confused? Nice planning...

    Presumable you had some general goal in mind when you started, no? Do a
    little research on the MS website; maybe start by logging in to the MCP
    member site and go through the cert planner?

    --
    steve.

    molsonexpert, May 11, 2007

  3. joseramonperez

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Jose,

    Though I agree with MolsonExpert on hos brand of beer, My analysis of your
    situation differs slightly from him.

    If you are like me you probably passed 70-210 at some point when you wanted
    to gain your first cert, and then stopped for a while. You were probably
    thinking that you would eventually want to get your MCSE, but fell off the
    path.

    The two exams that you just passed - 70-271 and 70-272 - are a different
    path, and as far as your first senior-level certification you have now
    earned it - Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Techinician.
    Congratulations! If that if your aspiration - to support users in the
    desktop environment - then your path should probably take you into the
    Windows Vista exams, which are set to go live in the next week or so. There
    are two senior-level certs that would map to your career path:

    Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Microsoft Desktop Support - Enterprise;
    and
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Microsoft Desktop Support - Consumer.

    To obtain these you would need to pass 70-620 (Configuring Windows Vista
    Client) as well as either 70-622 (Enterprise) or 70-623 (Consumer).

    Alternately you could take the upgrade exam which is 70-621: Upgrading your
    MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support.

    If, on the other hand, you wish to delve more into the network admin side of
    things, you are only two exams away from your Microsoft Certified Systems
    Administrator on Windows Server 2003. For that you would take 70-290 and
    70-291. Combined with your 70-210 and your MCDST you will be an MCSA.

    Good luck and let us know how it goes!

    Montreal MCT, May 11, 2007
  4. congratulations on your achievement!

    Keith Chilton, May 12, 2007
  5. joseramonperez

    BW64 Guest

    Hi Joser

    What you books you used that helped you to pass both exams
    --
    Bruce Wms

    BW64, May 16, 2007
  6. CBT Nuggets were very good but is not enough to pass IMO I also had a lot of
    work experience with XP

    joseramonperez, May 21, 2007