Passed both MCDST tests today

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Ken, Nov 11, 2005.

  1. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Scored 816 on 70-271 and 836 on 70-272.
    Used both Microsoft Press Training Kits (Walter Glenn\Tony Northrup).
    The books were very helpful, but left out a bit of info I needed, and have
    a few mistakes and wrong information (easily spotted).
    The Measure Up tests (on CD inside the books) were harder than the actual
    exam. The books gave 15% off the exam, but the coupons were switched (the
    70-271 book had the discount for 70-272 and vice versa); the lady at
    Prometric figured it out so I still got the discounts without a hassle.
    I also surfed for every free practice test and practice question I could
    find on the Internet. Very helpful (almost crucial) to have a (second)
    computer onto which to install XP Pro and Office 2003 (trial versions on CD
    inside the books). I studied approx. 12 hours per day for 13 days, and took
    lots of notes.
    Do all of the exercises in the book.
    Bluebottle.com will give you a free email account you can use to practice
    IMAP and POP3 items.
    If I had to do it over again, I would get a second set of books to
    complement the MSPress books.

    Good luck to you all,

    Ken
    Ken, Nov 11, 2005