Passed A+ OS today, oficially A+ certified

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by lark2056, Nov 27, 2006.

  1. lark2056

    lark2056 Guest

    Helllo everyone

    Passed the OS today with a 681. Out of the 100 questions I was amaze
    at how many questions actually didn't pertain to the test. There mus
    of been about 50 questions on customer service, questions I believ
    that comptia put on there that were not part of the graded exam. Eve
    though I studied alot for this test, and that I barely got tested o
    what I studied, I am still glad I passed and gained even mor
    knowledge. To all those taking the test, study the material, take you
    time, and you will do just fine. Take care and good luck to every one.

    Lark205

    --
    lark205
    lark2056's Profile: http://www.CertificationChat.com/member.php?userid=14

    lark2056, Nov 27, 2006

  2. lark2056

    JohnO Guest

    > Passed the OS today with a 681. Out of the 100 questions I was amazed
    > at how many questions actually didn't pertain to the test. There must
    > of been about 50 questions on customer service, questions I believe
    > that comptia put on there that were not part of the graded exam. Even
    > though I studied alot for this test, and that I barely got tested on
    > what I studied, I am still glad I passed and gained even more
    > knowledge. To all those taking the test, study the material, take your
    > time, and you will do just fine. Take care and good luck to every one.

    They key point here might be that you were NOT graded on those customer
    service questions. I believe that OS test is supposed to be 80
    questions, and it sounds like maybe you saw 20 questions that CompTIA
    is beta testing for the new exams. (I assume you are exaggerating about
    seeing 50?)

    Anyway, congrats on passing!

    -John O

    JohnO, Nov 28, 2006

  3. lark2056

    lark2056 Guest

    Hey there.

    I took the test yesterday, and it was 100 questions with a 90 minut
    time limit. I didn't count exactly, but, rest assuresd, there wa
    plenty on there that did not test the things I studied for. Fo
    example, one question was about how to deal with empty tone
    cartridges, and the correct answer was to take it to a recyclin
    center. There were several of those on top of all the custome
    service. In my experience, there was ALOT of questions not about th
    OS. I took the CCNA 6 months ago, passed with an 893, and that tes
    was complete cisco questions. No filler. Maybe this is just a compti
    thing. Its interesting how one test differs from another. Thanks fo
    the congrats!!

    lark205

    lark2056, Nov 28, 2006
  4. lark2056

    JohnO Guest

    lark2056 wrote:
    > Hey there.
    >
    > I took the test yesterday, and it was 100 questions with a 90 minute
    > time limit. I didn't count exactly, but, rest assuresd, there was
    > plenty on there that did not test the things I studied for. For
    > example, one question was about how to deal with empty toner
    > cartridges, and the correct answer was to take it to a recycling
    > center. There were several of those on top of all the customer
    > service. In my experience, there was ALOT of questions not about the
    > OS. I took the CCNA 6 months ago, passed with an 893, and that test
    > was complete cisco questions. No filler. Maybe this is just a comptia
    > thing. Its interesting how one test differs from another. Thanks for
    > the congrats!!

    There have always been some 'misplaced' questions on the two exams, but
    if you look carefully you'll see something about printers in the
    outline for this OS exam, so it could be a real question. OTOH, that
    could have been a beta question for the new exams, there's no way to
    know. I know for a fact that there have been no cust serv questions for
    several years, so ALL of those had to be betas. Some of those are going
    to be a bear to answer correctly...it's easy to argue for two different
    correct answers on some of them. How anybody is going to prepare for
    those is a very good question.

    -John O

    JohnO, Nov 28, 2006
  5. lark2056

    Patrick Q Guest

    I passed the O/S exam today.... ugh.... I went into it thinking I'd probably
    failed. I had two vouchers for 20% off to use by the end of the year... so,
    I put it off cause I didn't study too much, but have done a lot of work...

    The first 4 questions were Windows 2000 questions. I thought, "Well, I'm
    screwed."

    There were some questions that were silly and some that made sense.... I did
    poorly, but passed with a 567. I guess you can still graduate high school
    with a D-.

    My Hardware test is in two weeks and I WILL study my butt off for that.

    I took that free beta Home DEVICE Networking test... It was promoted to me
    as a home networking test...but didn't know it included all those devices.
    I thought I had to be a heating/cooling expert by the time I got done.

    Anyway, I've learned a lot on here by just lurking...thanks for your help.

    Pat

    Patrick Q, Dec 7, 2006
  6. lark2056

    JohnO Guest

    Patrick Q wrote:
    > I passed the O/S exam today.... ugh.... I went into it thinking I'd probably
    > failed. I had two vouchers for 20% off to use by the end of the year... so,
    > I put it off cause I didn't study too much, but have done a lot of work...
    >
    > The first 4 questions were Windows 2000 questions. I thought, "Well, I'm
    > screwed."
    >
    > There were some questions that were silly and some that made sense.... I did
    > poorly, but passed with a 567. I guess you can still graduate high school
    > with a D-.

    True, you passed and that's the biggest thing. Good luck on the
    hardware exam, most people tell me it's quite a bit easier.

    -John O

    JohnO, Dec 8, 2006
  7. lark2056

    Patrick Q Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message

    > Patrick Q wrote:
    >> I passed the O/S exam today.... ugh.... I went into it thinking I'd
    >> probably
    >> failed. I had two vouchers for 20% off to use by the end of the year...
    >> so,
    >> I put it off cause I didn't study too much, but have done a lot of
    >> work...
    >>
    >> The first 4 questions were Windows 2000 questions. I thought, "Well, I'm
    >> screwed."
    >>
    >> There were some questions that were silly and some that made sense.... I
    >> did
    >> poorly, but passed with a 567. I guess you can still graduate high
    >> school
    >> with a D-.

    > True, you passed and that's the biggest thing. Good luck on the
    > hardware exam, most people tell me it's quite a bit easier.
    >
    > -John O

    WOW... That's something.

    I have some flash cards, and really don't understand processor speed,
    motherboard types, etc. I just hate tests... give me hands on, and I'm a
    whiz....

    That Beta Home DEVICE Networking test was a zinger.... I didn't know it had
    DEVICES with it... just thought it was Home Networking.... hell, I had to be
    a heating/a.c. guy to figure some of that out. LUCKILY, I just wired a hope
    for internet/voip/etc...and new my VOIP and telephone stuff. Heck I even
    remembered voltage/amps/ohms/etc from High School -- and my days in radio
    helping the engineer with radio wattage.

    Sometimes, I think that the tests are over rated and it is an easy way for
    CompTIA to make a buck. However, would I want a non ASE mechanic working on
    my car? True, a shade tree mechanic can fix cars too, but I'd like the
    backing of an authorized shop behind him.

    Anyway, just my thoughts.

    Thanks for letting me lurk around on here....

    Pat

    Patrick Q, Dec 9, 2006
  8. lark2056

    Patrick Q Guest

    Gawd...it's late... Don't look at my spelling errors....

    Wired a HOME with voip.... Luckily I KNEW some of that ....

    Pat

    Patrick Q, Dec 9, 2006