Passed A+ OS Exam

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by WW, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. WW

    WW Guest

    I passed the A+ OS exam today with a score of 829.

    I used the ExamCram2 books, and the All-in-One A+ book by Meyers/Jernigan.

    I also ran through the Core Exams (http://www.coreexams.com/) practice test
    questions before the exam, and found these were very helpful, as they
    closely resemble the type of questions I saw on the actual exam. A few of
    the questions on the exam I had actually seen before.

    For interest, here are are a few question areas I came across today :-

    Which Windows 2000 version can support a 4-node cluster ?
    ans = Datacentre Server

    How to create emergency disk in NT4, "rdisk /s" or "rdisk /s /d" ?

    How to remove an OS from a multi-boot configuration ?
    ans = bootcfg

    How to remedy a problem with an unattended installation of 2K using a .SIF
    script file.

    Must a Network card be present for an installation of Windows 2000 Server to
    succeed ?

    To get support for multiple monitors, Internet Connection Sharing, and file
    permissions, which of Win2000, XP, 98, should be installed ?

    Minimum processor for XP.
    ans = Pentium 233

    What is "ping" parameter to resolve ip address to host names ?
    ans = -a

    These were some of the harder questions on the exam.

    Regards,

    Ross.

    WW, Jan 20, 2006

  2. WW

    WW Guest

    Thanks

    WW, Jan 26, 2006

  3. WW

    WW Guest

    Most of the questions were easier than these though.

    WW, Jan 29, 2006
  4. WW

    WW Guest

    I am in Scotland, and don't currently work in IT. However I know that many
    jobs are not advertised. I think the opportunities are there for those who
    want to work for them. Software Development/Web Design is more difficult to
    get a job in than Hardware/Networking support.

    Good luck!

    WW, Jan 31, 2006
  5. WW

    sqeamy Guest

    > WWwrote:

    > Must a Network card be present for an installation of Windows 2000

    Server to succeed ?
    > Ross.

    I've researched and I'm afraid the answer to this one (and one other
    question) is eluding me. I would answer 'no' at a guess but what IS
    the answer?

    sqeamy, Apr 3, 2006