    Good luck for those of you taking the O.S. Don't worry to much. If you
    do a little bit of study and answer some practise exams u shouldn't
    have a problem passing.

    Stuart, Jun 10, 2004

  2. congrats man, I am in the process of study for the OS. I barely passed the
    core and have been somewhat nervous about the OS. I read forums that say how
    much harder it is than the core. Thanks for the input

    Fred Mathering, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Stuart

    PlazticSoul Guest

    "Fred Mathering" <> wrote in message
    > congrats man, I am in the process of study for the OS. I barely passed the
    > core and have been somewhat nervous about the OS. I read forums that say
    > how
    > much harder it is than the core. Thanks for the input
    >

    > "Stuart" <> wrote in message
    >> Passed the O.S today with a score of 655. I only barely passed the
    >> hardware so was very nervous about this exam. The exam was fair and
    >> the questions were surprisingly easy.
    >>
    >> Good luck for those of you taking the O.S. Don't worry to much. If you
    >> do a little bit of study and answer some practise exams u shouldn't
    >> have a problem passing.

    Don't sweat it. I thought it was equal in terms of difficulty. One thing I
    was very upset with the OS exam is that it had several tricky questions....
    be prepared for those "here is the problem. what is the BEST way to resolve
    it?" type of questions, when 2 or 3 choices will all solve the problem...
    just hope you share the same opinion of the "best way" with the people who
    wrote the test! I simply don't agree with that type of questioning, since my
    preferred way of fixing a problem may differ from other peoples'!

    PlazticSoul, Jun 11, 2004
  4. I couldn't agree more, as well, the questions that ask you how to get to a
    certain item. I always right click on my computer to get to device manager,
    yet they want the control panel route

    Fred Mathering, Jun 11, 2004
  5. I am curious, one book I read teaches alot about DOS, mike myers just has
    command line stuff. It seems mike myers has a better handle as to what we
    are going to see on the test. Was there alot of DOS questions?

    Fred Mathering, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Stuart

    graham Guest

    LadyTech wrote:
    > "Stuart" <> wrote in message
    > | Passed the O.S today with a score of 655. I only barely passed the
    > | hardware so was very nervous about this exam. The exam was fair and
    > | the questions were surprisingly easy.
    > |
    > | Good luck for those of you taking the O.S. Don't worry to much. If
    > you
    > | do a little bit of study and answer some practise exams u shouldn't
    > | have a problem passing.
    >
    > Congrats! Well done :)

    Congrats here as well!!! I'm due to take my OS Exam on the 5th July,
    Like a lot of people out there i understand it's a lot harder than the
    Hardware Exam. Again, like a lot of folks here, i scraped through the
    hardware part with a score of 555

    graham, Jun 11, 2004
  7. Stuart

    >I am curious, one book I read teaches alot about DOS, mike myers just has
    > command line stuff. It seems mike myers has a better handle as to what we
    > are going to see on the test. Was there alot of DOS questions?

    No, very few questions about DOS, at least on the test I took. Yours may be
    a little different!!

    PlazticSoul, Jun 11, 2004
  8. On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 00:01:56 GMT, "Fred Mathering" <>
    wrote:

    >congrats man, I am in the process of study for the OS. I barely passed the
    >core and have been somewhat nervous about the OS. I read forums that say how
    >much harder it is than the core. Thanks for the input

    Have you downloaded "Essential Windows" from Mike's web site?

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 11, 2004
  9. yes I have, I think I am past that stage, however I will have a look at it,
    when I downloaded it didn't have time to view it properly.

    Fred Mathering, Jun 11, 2004