    suggest to get a diffrent book for OS if you do not have extensive
    experience with OSs - especially win2000

    Jakub
    JAKUB GORECKI, Jun 17, 2004

  2. "JAKUB GORECKI" <> wrote in message
    news:m4lAc.29975$...
    > Hello!!
    > I just passed OS and Hardware. The hardware one was pretty easy as many
    > questions appeared as in M.M. book. The OS is a different story. I barelly
    > passed it, but there was almost nothing from M.M. all -in-one book. I
    > suggest to get a diffrent book for OS if you do not have extensive
    > experience with OSs - especially win2000

    You have to have extensive experience with the OSs to pass the A+ test. You
    can't learn it by just reading any book. I easily passed the OS Test with
    Mike Meyers test, although it was a little lacking on certain aspects of the
    startup files, especially boot order and size requirements, etc.
    Patrick Michael, Jun 18, 2004

  3. you got to be kidding

    Fred Mathering, Jun 18, 2004
  4. JAKUB GORECKI

    Rick Blythin Guest

    If you don't have hands on experience with an OS of course you won't do well
    just trying to memorize answers in a book. You must be kidding about Mike's
    books his are the BEST !. I passed A+ as well as getting 94% on Network+
    with Mike's books back in 2001. If you thought the current OS exam was hard,
    the '98 exam was even worse if you didn't have DOS/command line experience.

    Mike's 2nd edition on DOS and memory management... still gets me all misty
    eyed when I read it . Ahh the good old pre-windows days on blazing fast
    286's :).

    Rick

    Rick Blythin, Jun 22, 2004
  5. JAKUB GORECKI

    Rick Blythin Guest

    "Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message

    > "JAKUB GORECKI" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello!!
    > > I just passed OS and Hardware. The hardware one was pretty easy as many
    > > questions appeared as in M.M. book. The OS is a different story. I

    barelly
    > > passed it, but there was almost nothing from M.M. all -in-one book. I
    > > suggest to get a diffrent book for OS if you do not have extensive
    > > experience with OSs - especially win2000
    > >

    > You have to have extensive experience with the OSs to pass the A+ test.

    You
    > can't learn it by just reading any book. I easily passed the OS Test with
    > Mike Meyers test, although it was a little lacking on certain aspects of

    the
    > startup files, especially boot order and size requirements, etc.

    Mike's 2nd edition would have come in handy.. I took the '98 objectives just
    prior to them being retired. Still had a ton of DOS/ Win 3.1 questions, I do
    remember the start-up files being covered well in the 2nd edition as the
    files were critical to Windows 3.1. These days they are there for backwards
    compatibility only more or less, so that's probably why it's not covered
    in-depth anymore.

    Rick
    Rick Blythin, Jun 22, 2004