Passed A+ Core Hardware 220-301

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by William Dee, Jul 28, 2004.

  1. William Dee

    William Dee Guest

    I just passed the A+ Core Hardware 220-301 Test with a 597.
    My testing center required a 515 to pass.
    There was 80 questions and I got 90 mins to take it.

    The grading scale was 100 to 900.

    The test seemed to focus on the types of ports [ USB/Firewire/etc ]
    printers, Drive configurations [ CD/HD ], ALOT of networking. [ what
    type connector, speeds, distances, best use for, etc]

    There was HARDLY and questions on processors or memory.

    I used the Mike Myers A+ Passport [ 2nd Edition ], Total Seminars
    Practice Exam CD [ 10 tests ] to study. I was passing all the practice
    tests with 90% or higher. I was a little shocked at my score, but I
    think the nerves got to me.

    I'm about to crack open the OS Section in Myers book and start
    studying for the next test.... hope to take it in a month or two.

    William Dee, Jul 28, 2004