Passed...A+ Certified!...and OS vs. CORE

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by JS, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. JS

    JS Guest

    hey all,
    i passed the A+ OS exam earlier today - now i'm a+ certified! wow, i was
    really nervous and afraid i might not pass.
    my scores were 900 on the CORE test and 780 on the OS test. (I took the
    CORE test a week ago.)

    i noticed a strange effect after taking the Transcender 2001 CD-ROM
    practice exams: on the CORE practice exams, my scores improved by 3.8% on
    average, as i took each of the four practice exams: sounds like what one
    would expect. but for the OS practice exams, my scores actually _decreased_
    by an average of 0.8% as i took each practice exam. i'm not sure what this
    means; maybe it means that, for the OS part, "my increasing knowledge of the
    material never outweighed my original ability to guess at questions i was
    unsure of." this was discouraging, because as i learned more about the OS's,
    my practice exam scores did not improve.
    i was always more comfortable with the hardware part, and expected the
    OS part to be more difficult for me, and that's exactly how it turned out...

    regards,
    js.
    BSEE, MSEE, and now, "CompTIA A+ Certified"!

    p.s. next task: get a job - somewhere, somehow...
    p.s.s or, i could procrastinate the job search even more, and study for
    Network+...hmm...any advice?

    JS, Nov 11, 2003

  2. JS

    Drew Dawg Guest