    :/ What happened to the old MCP colorful cert? That old style one looks very
    impressive, these new batches of certs look like I cut them off the back of a
    cereal box :(

    jkozlowski, Oct 16, 2007

  2. Plus, you need to be careful of your cards, because if you put them in your
    wallet, the hologram will start rubbing off. At least, they have on mine.

    LarryWestMCSD, Oct 16, 2007

  3. jkozlowski

    wagnerk Guest

    Yeah I was disappointed with the certs also, not only that but the certs
    seems to be generic :(

    -Ken

    wagnerk, Oct 17, 2007
  4. jkozlowski

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Guys, on behalf of nobody in particular I am sorry that you do not like the
    look of the certificate, and can only hope that you still like the look of
    the logo, and the letters after your name on your business card.

    Sheesh!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    Visit my blog at http://feeds.feedburner.com/MitchGBlog
    ---

    Montreal MCT, Oct 17, 2007
  5. jkozlowski

    Scuba_Dave Guest

    Yes, I mean it's way too much to ask of a multi-billion dollar worldwide
    company to actually create something that looks good & doesn't self destruct
    in your wallet
    They are way too busy for that, they need to work on their next OS
    And it's not like you spent a lot of time or $$ getting the cert
    :)

    Scuba_Dave, Oct 19, 2007
  6. jkozlowski

    Montreal MCT Guest

    I do understand your POV, but the cert that you are spending all of that
    money earning is not the piece of paper nor the cheap piece of plastic. It
    is the credential, and everything else should be just a bonus.

    I think I have seven (eight?) certificates and associated wallet cards, not
    to mention my MVP crap. The cards all sit in a desk box and the
    certificates (though many of them are mounted) all sit in a pile in a
    drawer. The credentials I use every day.

    Montreal MCT, Oct 19, 2007
  7. jkozlowski

    wagnerk Guest

    Microsoft has now introduced the Certificate Manager (that is accessed via
    the Logo manager) that you can get thru the MCP site. As long as you do your
    new logo first (in Logo Manager), have access to a good quality colour
    printer and white card the MS certificate that you can download & print off
    yourself is alot better than the one that MS ships out. I was actually quite
    surprised.

    -Ken

    wagnerk, Oct 29, 2007
  8. jkozlowski

    Remi Parent Guest

    I agree that the certificates look realy cheap. I was very dissapointed when
    I got them. Just passed my first 3 Microsoft exams in the last 6 months to
    get my MCP and MCDST, 2 the certificates looks the same, the MCDST one has a
    half stamp on it, as if there was not sufficient ink on the stamp.

    I did go in the logo builder to see if I could not get a better certificate
    to print but it looks like only MCITP, MCPD and MCTS certificates can be
    printed at this time. I created my MCP and MCDST logos but when I go to
    "download a certificate" it says "We were unable to find any qualified logos
    in your library". This really sucks!

    Remi Parent, Nov 8, 2007