Passed 70-553

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Riccardone, May 7, 2007.

  1. Riccardone

    Riccardone Guest

    Hello,
    I have just passed 70-553 with 700 score. It's a strong exam.
    There are sections:
    70-526 Windows-Based Client Development 29 questions
    70-528 Web based Client Developement 28 questions
    70-536 Application Development Foundation 30 questions
    240 min.

    Start with backgroundworker component, asyncronous calls,
    toolstripcontrolhost, toolstripcontainer and so on...
    Web parts (connection, catalog, personalization), Master page, async
    page directive, Themes, Ado.net (transaction scope, asyncronous
    command operations...)...
    Deflate and GZip, event handler, mailmessage, xml serialization
    deserialization xmlattribute, xmlvalidation and so on It's very hard
    and there is not pause from start to the end. I have used all
    available time.

    Good luck
    Riccardo

    Riccardone, May 7, 2007

  2. Hello,

    Congratulation
    Yes I guess this new exam are getting stonrger becasue technology is getting
    more and more complex.
    By the way how did you approach you preparation and learning fro that upgade
    path ?

    For myself I am MCAD.NET, and I plan to try to get my MCSD.NET soon simply
    becasue you get less exam for ugrade afterwards. I have been advise to finish
    it and not stop it to go to new certification exam.

    I was also polkanning to take the MCAD upgrade to MCPD, but there is no real
    upgrade book unless you get all of them...:-( Which I can't afford as it is
    my personnal investement).

    By experience sometimes it better to restart from begining that goinf
    through upgrade becasue you might miss some inporatent point. SO I guess ths
    upgrade path might be stronger that going through all individual path.

    What do you think ?
    I can I prepare for my MCAD upgrade then ? I jzst start to get the
    application fundation MS press book, where it has most of things I know
    already, but also explain waht's new in 2.0

    Thanks for comments
    regards
    serge

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2FsZGVyYXJh?=, May 17, 2007

  3. Riccardone

    Riccardone Guest

    On 17 Mag, 15:06, calderara <>
    wrote:
    > By the way how did you approach you preparation and learning fro that upgade
    > path ?

    I studied on all exam test's on internet (In the exam I didn't find
    none of these questions). I also studied on many guide like....
    http://tinyurl.com/35dzvm
    and msdn.
    I also made a little app editor with background worker implementation
    and many of the new fw 2.0 controls like table layout and more.
    In two of the three exam I got a 850 and 900 but my final score is 700
    because I failed many question on web developement.

    > What do you think ?
    > I can I prepare for my MCAD upgrade then ?

    On my opinion this is not a good idea. You have to study many obsolete
    subjects with any assurance to pass at the first attempt.

    Regards
    Riccardo

    Riccardone, May 20, 2007
  4. Hi Riccardo,

    Congratulation and thank you for that information.

    I am preparing for 70-553 now, my exam will be in two weeks. I wonder that
    there are 240 minutes time. In my last exams (MCSD.NET) there were about 50
    questions or so. Could you please tell me how many questions you had to
    answer in 70-553? Is it a mix of questions or are there three separate parts
    in the exam?

    Thank you,
    Christian

    Christian Jung, May 25, 2007
  5. Riccardone

    Riccardone Guest

    On 25 Mag, 16:56, "Christian Jung" <> wrote:
    > Could you please tell me how many questions you had to
    > answer in 70-553? Is it a mix of questions or are there three separate parts
    > in the exam?

    Hi Christian,
    the exam has three separate parts.
    You have to take a minimal score of 700 in every parts.
    In my case, I responded with 850 and 900 in two parts but I took 700
    in web developement.
    Only one question failed and I failed the entire exam without
    regarding on other parts.

    Regards
    Riccardo

    Riccardone, May 27, 2007
  6. Hi Riccardo,

    and how many questions are there in each part?

    Thanks,

    Christian Jung, May 29, 2007
  7. Riccardone

    Riccardone Guest

    On 29 Mag, 10:11, "Christian Jung" <> wrote:
    > and how many questions are there in each part?

    I already wrote it in my first post.

    Riccardo

    Riccardone, May 29, 2007
  8. Sorry, I read over it. Almost 90 questions, that's really hard.

    Christian Jung, May 29, 2007