Passed 70-526

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by Mosaic, Feb 2, 2008.

  1. Mosaic

    Mosaic Guest

    I passed 70-526 a couple of days ago, and here are some of the resources I
    used:

    Microsoft’s training kit. I found it very useful to give structure to my
    studies, otherwise disappointing.
    I believe that many books in this series only sell because they have little
    or no competition.

    I did lots and lots of hands-on experiments, using VS2005 and SQL Server 2005
    Google was excellent for background reading and for when I got stuck.

    I had already passed 70-536. With hindsight, doing 70-536 first was the
    right decision.

    Transcender – OK, but the quality and attention to detail is not as good as
    it used to be. I found the questions in the practice tests somewhat easier
    and simpler than the actual test.

    Accelerated ideas - free Microsoft Practice Exams – includes 70-526
    http://www.accelerated-ideas.com/aiMExamsChoose.aspx

    Microsoft - free assessment tests / readiness tests
    Visual Studio
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/assessment/ind/visualstudio
    Windows apps
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/assessment/ind/visualstudio/default.mspx#vs_net

    Proprofs – free quiz - search results for 70-526
    http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/search.php?search=70-526 40 questions
    Mosaic, Feb 2, 2008