    welcome about those 2 exams.

    Good luck everyone with your exams.

    Taz
    Taz, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Taz wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just passed my last exam for MCAD with 921 points.
    >
    > I want to try to get my MCSD now, with 70-300 and 70-229, any tips are
    > welcome about those 2 exams.
    >
    > Good luck everyone with your exams.

    Congratulations. For 70-300, don't buy Microsoft's Training Kit book.
    Buy the little red ExamCram2 book. It's cheaper and it actually applies
    to the curriculum.
    General Protection Fault, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Taz

    Taz Guest

    Thanks for your advice.

    I ordered the ExamCram Book, when it comes in i'l get
    right on it..

    Keep you posted..

    Taz, Dec 6, 2003
  4. Taz

    Grant Guest

    Congrats. I'm at the same point as you. Although, I've
    decided to do the 229 exam first. I've been working in
    SQL for years and after reading the MS Press book, I only
    learnt about 5 new things! :)

    As for 70-300, I bought the MS Press book before noticing
    all the comments about it being too focused on MSF. :(
    I've read the first 4 chapters and am finding it a slow,
    mind-numbing read. I've worked fulltime as a programmer
    for over eight years and know that in the "real" world,
    much the MSF just isn't workable. Not that it wouldn't
    be great to work for a company that properly understands
    IT and would be willing to spend the time and money on
    following correct development life cycles! But I'm not
    sure such a company exists!

    I'll be ordering the ExamCram book as well.

    Grant, Dec 8, 2003
  5. Taz

    kishore Guest

    What is the total number of question?

    kishore, Dec 8, 2003
  6. I took and passed the 70-310 exam in November. This is
    the VB.NET counterpart to the C# based 70-320 exam.
    Passing score is 700 and there were 57 questions.

    Michael Keller, Dec 9, 2003
  7. Taz

    Mas Jabier Guest

    Congratulation, Taz.!!
    I suggest you take the 70-229 first, as 70-300 deals with
    Analyzing & Architectural, and I found it's more
    difficult..:) Believe me, I passed 70-300 with only 30
    questions in about 3 hours (long enough eh?..)

    For 70-229, please be aware on stored procedures,
    triggers, index and tuning system. For 70-300, what can I
    say, it's really deal with your experience in developing
    system in your work.

    Just try Trancender for real scenario on above exams.

    Hope it helps :)

    Jody Ananda
    MCAD,MCSD.Net

    Mas Jabier, Dec 17, 2003