Passed 70-315 !!!!

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Frank Mamone, Sep 13, 2004.

  1. Frank Mamone

    Frank Mamone Guest

    I just passed my first Microsoft exam ever with a 905!!

    I am a very experienced web developer but had never touched ASP.NET before.

    I studied for a few months starting with Microsoft Press Training Kit which
    I really didn't like. The format didn't work for me. I really wanted to
    learn the stuff and not only achieve certification, so I switched to Amit
    Kalanis book and loved it! I really learned the material.

    I also used practice tests. They were a fantastic learning tool for me. What
    the practice tests did is point me to the references on MSDN which explain
    why the answers are right or wrong. This gave me in depth knowledge of the
    subject matter.

    For example, in either book you learn about the DataSet and how to fill it
    and populate your DataGrid. However, there is little about the other methods
    like Dataset.Merge() etc. The exams pointed me to those sections with a
    simple link within the exam itself. Without the practice exam I would never
    have thought about researching that function in depth.

    For those who want to know which brand I used:

    1. I got a bundle *including* the Exam voucher and a Transcender exam for
    189$ at http://www.getcertifyforless.com/ . It's a great deal.

    2. I also used a 30-day online at MeasureUp for about $50 with a discount
    voucher.

    Both tests are good. MeasureUP is a lot harder and forces you to think a
    little more although Transcender is a great product too. I really love the
    MSDN links right within the questions.

    -Frank

    Frank Mamone, Sep 13, 2004