    I used TestKing and Kalani's book.
    Good luck to all of you.

    -Oleg.

    Oleg Ogurok, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Oleg Ogurok

    Emil Stoev Guest

    Hi, me too. I got 813 .. Does anyone know the maximum score?

    "Oleg Ogurok" <> wrote in
    message news:1b6fa$3f7c5273$825ec943$-service.com...

    Emil Stoev, Oct 3, 2003

  3. 1000.

    Leigh Kendall, Oct 3, 2003
  4. Oleg Ogurok

    Jim Parker Guest

    Re: Passed 70-315 - getting technical here...

    I'm not so sure it is 1000.
    On 70-315, 70-229, and 70-300 I got 'pass' so don't really know.

    On 70-316 I got 963.
    There were 7 bar graphs on the report, all were maxed except "Configuring
    and Securing a Windows-based Application".
    The bar graphs were each exactly 7 inches long, and that one bar was 19/32
    inch below being maxed, or 91.5% maxed.
    There were a total of 58 questions on the exam, and apparently I missed (in
    1/32 inch) 19/224 of the "Configuring and Securing" questions, or 8.5%; and
    19/1568 of the total exam, or 1.2%.
    How many of the questions were "Configuring and Securing"? I definitely
    didn't count, but considering there were 7 categories and 58 questions, they
    would average 8-9 questions each, so neither 1.2% of the total exam or 8.5%
    of any one category makes much sense.
    If that means I missed one question, and the best possible is 1000, that
    would mean each question is worth 37, so missing all 58 would give a score
    of -1146.
    If that means I missed 2 questions, and the best possible is 1000, that
    would mean each question is worth 18.5, so missing all 58 would give a score
    of -73.
    Are the questions variably weighed? Are the multiple choice questions
    counted as more than one question?

    Now adding even more to the confusion...
    On 70-320 I got 968.
    There were 57 questions on the exam.
    There were only 4 bar graphs, again exactly 7 inches long each, and the only
    one that was maxed was "Testing and ...".
    "Creating ..." was 29/32 inch below max.
    "Consuming ..." was 10/32 inch below max.
    "Deploying..." was 19/32 inch below max.
    That would indicate I missed 58/896 of the total exam, or 6.5%. Obviously I
    missed more questions on 70-320 than on 70-316 but got a higher score.

    So..... I don't think the tests are based on 1000 max.

    JD.

    Jim Parker, Oct 3, 2003
  5. Re: Passed 70-315 - getting technical here...

    Right. I'm basing this on the old style exams where MS used to give you your
    score and the percentage breakdowns for each section. The bar graph was
    based on 1000 points.

    However, I took 70-300 on 9/10 and got just a PASS. I took 70-305 on 9/29
    and received a number score (855). No percentage breakdowns, but the same
    bar graph pretty much; instead of percentages they phrases like from Needs
    Improvement(?? something like that) to Strong. However, I'm assuming the
    number score is still based on a 1000 point scale. Why not?

    Leigh

    Leigh Kendall, Oct 3, 2003
  6. Oleg Ogurok

    Jim Parker Guest

    Re: Passed 70-315 - getting technical here...

    I'm just saying that on 70-316 I really doubt I missed more than 2
    questions, so it is hard to imagine how missing 1, 2, or 3 would be
    1000-37=963.
    Same on 70-320. I KNOW I missed more questions than on 70-316, yet got 968.
    It just doesn't make sense that they all have a max of 1000.

> [...]

    > > would mean each question is worth 18.5, so missing all 58 would give a

    > score
    > > of -73.
    > > Are the questions variably weighed? Are the multiple choice questions
    > > counted as more than one question?
    > >
    > > Now adding even more to the confusion...
    > > On 70-320 I got 968.
    > > There were 57 questions on the exam.
    > > There were only 4 bar graphs, again exactly 7 inches long each, and the

    > only
    > > one that was maxed was "Testing and ...".
    > > "Creating ..." was 29/32 inch below max.
    > > "Consuming ..." was 10/32 inch below max.
    > > "Deploying..." was 19/32 inch below max.
    > > That would indicate I missed 58/896 of the total exam, or 6.5%.

    Obviously
    > > missed more questions on 70-320 than on 70-316 but got a higher score.
    > >
    > > So..... I don't think the tests are based on 1000 max.

    wrote

    Jim Parker, Oct 3, 2003
  7. Re: Passed 70-315 - getting technical here...

    And we'll really never know how it all works... ;-)

    Leigh Kendall, Oct 3, 2003
  8. Oleg Ogurok

    Michael Guest

    Are you sure of that? Someone once said he got 1040. I tried comparing my
    score with the total percentages of each section, and it did not come out to
    1000 points; but then I'm almost certain not all questions carry the same
    number of points. I think it depends on difficulty, and probably partial
    correct answers too. Anyway, I like to believe the total points is 1000.

    Michael, Oct 4, 2003
  9. My memory could be wrong. It usually is!...<g>.

    I'll dig through my exam folder for some older test results that go back a
    few years to double check. I could almost swear it was based on a 1000 point
    scale. I'll post back.

    Leigh

    Leigh Kendall, Oct 4, 2003
  10. Dug out the first MS exam I ever took back in July of 97; the bar graph they
    provided with the percentages for each section were based on 0 to 1000. Then
    somewhere over the years (maybe around 2001) they switched to just giving
    your score vs. passing score.

    The current scheme to me resembles the old scheme with the bar graph and
    percentages. The only difference is they don't give percentages; instead
    it's Needs Development - Strong which based on the old setup, one should be
    able to draw the logical conclusion that the underlying definition is still
    0 - 100% based on 1000 points.

    Whoever reported that someone else had claimed that they got over 1000 on an
    exam must have gotten extra credit for answering the survey questions
    right...<lol> ;-)

    If MS is reading, perhaps they can confirm the point scale?

    Leigh

    > My memory could be wrong. It usually is!...<g>.
    >
    > I'll dig through my exam folder for some older test results that go back a
    > few years to double check. I could almost swear it was based on a 1000

    point
    > scale. I'll post back.
    >
    > Leigh
    >
    > "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > > Are you sure of that? Someone once said he got 1040. I tried comparing

    my
    > > score with the total percentages of each section, and it did not come

    out
    > > 1000 points; but then I'm almost certain not all questions carry the

    same
    > > number of points. I think it depends on difficulty, and probably partial
    > > correct answers too. Anyway, I like to believe the total points is 1000.
    > >

    > > "Leigh Kendall" <> wrote in message
    > > > 1000.
    > > >
    > > > "Emil Stoev" <> wrote in message

    wrote

    Leigh Kendall, Oct 5, 2003
  11. Oleg Ogurok

    Eric Engler Guest

    Re: Passed 70-315 - getting technical here...

    They specified the max score possible at the beginning of the test -
    in that stuff that nobody ever reads completely.

    I don't remember what the number was, but I think it was over 1000.

    Eric Engler, Oct 6, 2003
  12. Oleg Ogurok

    kumar Guest

    Well.. it is not out of Thousand.. coz I got 1007 on 70-
    316.. it probably varies from person to person.. may be
    thts the reason they dont give the maximum score.. i dont
    know.. MS always keeps us guessing..

    message
    >> My memory could be wrong. It usually is!...<g>.
    >>
    >> I'll dig through my exam folder for some older test

    results that go back a
    >> few years to double check. I could almost swear it was

    based on a 1000
    >point
    >> scale. I'll post back.
    >>
    >> Leigh
    >>
    >> "Michael" <> wrote in message
    >> > Are you sure of that? Someone once said he got 1040.

    I tried comparing
    >my
    >> > score with the total percentages of each section,

    and it did not come
    >out
    >> > 1000 points; but then I'm almost certain not all

    questions carry the
    >same
    >> > number of points. I think it depends on difficulty,

    and probably partial
    >> > correct answers too. Anyway, I like to believe the

    total points is 1000.

    >> > "Leigh Kendall" <> wrote

    in message

    maximum score?