Passed 70-306 today!

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Nick Wegner, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Nick Wegner

    Nick Wegner Guest

    I just passed 70-306 today.

    Study Materials:

    Microsoft Press MCAD/MCSD Training Kit for 70-306
    Microsoft Press ADO.NET Step by Step
    MSDN

    Also, I downloaded the Visual Basic.NET Resource Kit and
    went through it.

    Basically, you need to understand all the material in the
    above books and go through MSDN to get further details on
    topics not covered that well in the MS Press books. Some
    areas that could use more info are (Security, Deployment,
    and upgrading from VB 6). The practice questions in the
    MS Press books are not at all representitave of the exam
    questions. The exam questions are much harder.

    Also, it is mandatory that you develop an app or two
    using VS.NET. The best way to learn is by hands on
    experience.

    Hope this helps! Remeber though, this is how I did it.
    There are also other ways, so get more advice from other
    people who have passed the test. Im sure there are
    better books out there!

    Good Luck!
    Nick Wegner, Nov 17, 2003