Passed 70-305

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Sateesha, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Sateesha

    Sateesha Guest

    FYI,

    I thought I would just to share some info about Exam
    70-305 which I just passed. I spent about 3 weeks
    preparing for this exam, roughly 2-3 hours a day.

    My background is 3 years using Visual C++/MFC and about
    a 4 months of VB.NET Windows Applications.

    I used the Microsoft MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Trainer book
    and a book explicitly on ADO.NET by David Sceppa.

    I used WSW Pratice Exams at www.walshsw.com,
    which had some very good sample questions and you
    can't beat the price, $2.95 per exam or $9.95 for 30-Day
    Online Access.

    I am moving on to Exam 70-306. Wish we luck and best
    of luck to all of you.

    Sateesha
    Sateesha, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Hello
    I want to pass the 70-305....can you give me any advice and tips to aprobe
    the exam?
    Is very hard?
    How many question?
    Thank you

    --
    FF
    www.francofigun.com.ar

    Franco Figùn, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Sateesha

    MCAD Newbie Guest

    >I used WSW Pratice Exams at www.walshsw.com,
    >which had some very good sample questions and you
    >can't beat the price, $2.95 per exam or $9.95 for 30-Day
    >Online Access.

    lol!! you sound like advertising for WSW Practice Exams
    at www.walshsw.com. just kidding! Thanks for info!
    MCAD Newbie, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Sateesha

    Marmik Guest

    Hi Sateesha

    Where would I be able to find the list of all the available exam of this
    ..NET paradigm with these numbers ?

    Waiting for reply
    thanks
    Marmik

    Marmik, Jul 15, 2004
  5. Sateesha

    Sateesha Guest

    Try the following link:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp

    Sateesha, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Sateesha

    John Guest

    Hi sateesha,
    I have a very similar background as u do. 2+ years of VC++ and MFC programming with very little database experience. How long do u think will it take for me to preapre for 305? I have done some J2EE programming before. Thanks

    john

    John, Jul 16, 2004
  7. Sateesha

    Guest Guest

    Hi John,

    I would guess about 3 weeks doing 2-3 hours a day. Your
    C++ will help you learn C# quickly but you still need to
    learn the .NET framework which is very different from
    MFC environment.

    Also, there seems to be alot more database questions,
    ADO.NET, than one is lead to beleive from exam
    descriptions.

    I would recommend a separate book on ADO.NET. Also, ADO,NET
    is covered in quite a few exams, 315, 316, 320, from what
    I have read in this newsgroup.

    Hopes this helps. Good Luck.

    Sateesha

    Guest, Jul 16, 2004
  8. Sateesha

    John Guest

    thnks man.

    John, Jul 16, 2004
  9. Sateesha

    SSS Guest

    Thanks for ur info,I am taking my 305 Exam on 31st of
    this month, i am preparing Mikegundeley Training Guide
    for exam, still i haven't started taking practice
    test,how much percent u got in ur practise test in
    www.walshsw.com test, so that i can get idea like with
    how much percent i can pass real exam. Thanks in advance.

    SSS

    SSS, Jul 19, 2004