    MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft
    ..NET Solution Architectures (Exam 70-300) by MS Press

    http://www.codeclinic.com/certification.htm
    Scott Hamlin, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Scott Hamlin

    Saga Guest

    Hey Scott, congrats!!!

    I am going to start preparing for this exam. Of these two books, did
    you find one more useful than the other. I saw both of these and bought
    the MacGraw Hill/Osborne one.

    Thanks!
    Saga

    "Scott Hamlin" <> wrote in message
    > Just got back from a successful go at the 70-300 test and thought I

    would
    > share some basic. My test had three scenarios - the first was 20

    minutes
    > long (city power company), the second was 40 minutes (Woodgrove bank),

    and
    > the third was 60 minutes (fine arts college). About 80% of the

    questions
    > were related to the case studies, and the other 20% were general
    > requirements gathering or technical questions. Similiar posts have

    mentioned
    > this, but the answers to most of the case study based questions are in

    the
    > case study itself, so read and re-read the text.
    >
    > Study materials:
    >
    > MCSD Analyzing Requirements and Defining .NET Solutions Architectures

    Study

    Saga, Sep 20, 2004

  3. Scott Hamlin

    Penny Guest

    Did you get a score on your test report?

    Thanks.

    Penny, Sep 20, 2004
  4. Scott Hamlin

    Scott Hamlin Guest

    Thank you!

    They both have their advantages, but I found the MacGraw Hill book to be
    test relevant - the topics seemed more geared to passing the test while the
    MS Press book was more about learning the MSF, but didn't seem to point
    directly at taking the test.

    Scott Hamlin, Sep 21, 2004
  5. Scott Hamlin

    Scott Hamlin Guest

    Yes, I got a score, but there was no breakdown of how well (or poorly) I did
    in certain areas.

    Scott Hamlin, Sep 21, 2004
  6. >MS Press book was more about learning the MSF, but didn't seem to point
    >directly at taking the test.

    Well I guess it would be unfair for anyone to have to understand
    another company's process model, as 'most' companies would already
    have there own process models in place. Nevertheless, the MSF would be
    good starting point for anyone wishing to gain an understanding of how
    process models are applied.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  7. Scott Hamlin

    penny Guest

    Did you register your test with Pearson VUE or Prometric?
    The customer service rep of Microsoft told me that the
    test report varies depend on which test center you
    register. Is it true?

    Thanks a lot,

    Penny

    penny, Sep 21, 2004