Passed 70-300 - My first MCSD.NET exam!

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Nay Myo Aung, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Nay Myo Aung

    Nay Myo Aung Guest

    Hi everyone!

    I've passed 70-300 exam today and I was really glad because I was assuming
    this is the hardest exam for MCSD.NET certification but because of my real
    world software architecting experience on Windows platform, the exam was not
    as hard as I've assumed. What makes me more happy is that I've got the free
    exam voucher from MS for being existing MCSD.

    This is my first MCSD.NET exam but certainly not the first .NET exam. I've
    completed 2 SQL Server 2000 exams (part of .NET Enterprise Servers) for my
    MCDBA and I believe that has helped me partly for this exam. I've also read
    product overviews of many .NET related products on Microsoft web site such
    as BizTalk Server, Host Integration Server and Visual Studio .NET product
    overviews and features.

    I wouldn't recommend sitting this exam for anyone with ZERO .NET experience,
    since it is very likely that candidate will fail.

    Now, I guess the hard parts MCSD.NET is over for me :)

    --
    Nay Myo Aung
    Chief Visual Software Architect

    NMA SOFT Limited:
    http://www.nmasoft.com

    Nay Myo Aung, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Nay Myo Aung

    Marc Mlat Guest

    Congratulations!!!
    For me 70-300 was the easiest.
    It all depends on what you do at work every day
    Marc M
    MCSD (6, .NET)

    Marc Mlat, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Nay Myo Aung

    Gregory Lin Guest

    Congratulations!!!
    For me 70-300 was the easiest, too.

    Greg
    MCSD, MCSE+Internet, MCDBA

    Gregory Lin, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Nay Myo Aung

    robert Guest

    Hi,

    How many minutes did you take ? and how many cases?

    Thanks,

    robert

    robert, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Nay Myo Aung

    Marcus Bowen Guest

    I just passed the 70-300 yesterday (9/30). It was
    Pass/Fail (kinda wish I could see exactly how I did!). I
    had 3 test cases and it took me just under one hour to
    complete.

    Marcus

    Marcus Bowen, Oct 1, 2003
  6. "Nay Myo Aung" <> wrote in message news:<#t6l$>...
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > I've passed 70-300 exam today and I was really glad because I was assuming
    > this is the hardest exam for MCSD.NET certification but because of my real
    > world software architecting experience on Windows platform, the exam was not
    > as hard as I've assumed. What makes me more happy is that I've got the free
    > exam voucher from MS for being existing MCSD.

    --- snip ---

    Congratulations!

    I made it yesterday too, as I had that free voucher thingy.
    As you pointed out, real life experience goes a long way, and
    my only other preparation was to do the Transcender free demo
    until I got 100%. Much like 70-100 at the time.

    Good luck in the future!

    /Birger Johansson, Ibitec AB

    Birger Johansson, Oct 1, 2003
  7. Nay Myo Aung

    Marc Mlat Guest

    It all depends on how fast you can read and undertand the case study.
    Something like 45 minutes per case study. Total 3 study cases
    For me 10-20 mn to read and write down my notes
    5-10 mn to answer the questions.

    Marc M
    MCSD (6, .NET)

    Marc Mlat, Oct 3, 2003