    Thanks,
    Darrell
    ..
    Darrell, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Darrell

    Kevin Guest

    Hi all,

    Has anyone passed this exam since Jan 2005? I am MCSE
    2000 and have 10 years IT and networking experience. I
    have been using Windows Server 2003 almost 15 months and
    have a good knowledge and hands-on skills with this
    product.

    I was prepared for the exam and sat for the exam on
    18/02/05, I was so confident that I will pass the exam
    and I believe that I did well, but guess what? I FAILED
    with a score of 650 and passing score of 700. I have done
    many Microsoft exams and never failed one, except this
    one (70-292).
    has anyone have any suggestion of what might went wrong
    and what I can do to improve and pass the exam.

    any suggestion welcome.

    Regards,

    Kevin

    preparation
    >guide: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-292.asp
    >There has been a lot of talk about this exam being
    >broken, that it does not follow the skills matrix.

    Please

    Kevin, Feb 21, 2005

  3. Darrell

    chet Guest

    I just took this exam today and scored 628! I too am an
    MCSE 2000 and did well using Transcender and didn't think
    I did that badly to fail. This is also the first exam
    that I've failed too.

    Interesting to see posts asking if anyone has passed this
    exam in 2005. I thought it was bad luck on my part but
    then I see these posts which make me wonder if something
    has changed with the exam. The screen froze half-way
    through for about 1 minute (not that I think that this has
    anything to do with it).

    Would be interested in if anyone else has passed this
    exam. FYI I used the Microsoft Press book and Transcender
    to prepare for this exam.

    chet, Feb 21, 2005
  4. Darrell

    Guest Guest

    I took the exam yesteday and failed with a score of 600.
    I looked at my graphs and I answered all questions right
    in two of the categories. I got what looked like 85
    percent right in another and 70 on another. The two I
    didn't do good in were Troubleshooting TS (30) and
    Managing Security (60). It seems odd that I would only
    get a 600 since I don't remember there being that many
    troubleshooting TS questions anyway. I am wondering if I
    should retake it right away or wait if something is
    wrong. The explanation Microsoft gave me when I called
    was that specific questions are weighted differently. One
    could be worth much more than another so you could still
    failing getting 75-80% of the questions right. I think
    that is idiotic. If you know 75-80% you should be
    certified. There is alot of material on this test.

    Guest, Feb 23, 2005
  5. Darrell

    Guest Guest

    I failed this exam last week. I thought I was well
    prepared, but some on the questions were cokpletely out of
    nowhere. I heard they had changed the exam from 56 to 40
    questions and that these were now harder. Again, this was
    the first MS exam I have failed. I got 650.

    Guest, Feb 27, 2005
  6. Darrell

    Jake Guest

    I failed my ass off with 600 -- first fail ever...(In 20 exams taken)
    The weighting system f'd me. According to the graphs I did well. Bad
    confidence breaker. Where do you go to complain?
    Jake, Mar 20, 2005
  7. Darrell

    fmsmcse Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm also MCSE in 2000 and failed twice!!! first 484, 2nd 520, incredible,
    neither the MASTER 70-216 got me bad that way, I passed at first try.

    Any tips? Any % score to get in the known what to study more?? I'm pretty
    much lost over all data to review.

    Ah, not forgetting that I used Testking and Transcender, but it seems it did
    not help much.

    fmsmcse, Mar 29, 2005
  8. Darrell

    fmsmcse Guest

    I failed twice, with 484 and 520.

    Just can't believe it, how are they measuring knowledge now???
    I remember I passed at first shot at 70-216, remember how f** was this exam
    as well?

    But I just can't understand waz important for them in the 292......

    Any suggestions?

    fmsmcse, Mar 30, 2005
  9. Darrell

    Jake Guest

    A glutton for punishment indeed. I spent a week reviewing my material
    and scouring the web for new material, rewatched the CBT Nuggets and
    guess what? My e-mail to MS ---

    "I have some serious concerns surrounding the results I achieved in
    this exam. My main concern is that it is impossible for any IT
    professional to invest any more time in preparing for an exam than I
    did. My CBT and book based studies took two months to complete and I
    spent three weeks testing my knowledge using exam simulations. I felt
    well prepared and confident.

    My first attempt I scored 600 on, falling a 100 short of the passmark.
    I was immediately suspicious of the outcome, as the sectional results
    indicated that I had fared a lot better than that. Added to this was
    the disappointment of having lost $300NZ. So I decided to retake the
    exam the very next week, investing $205NZ again and spending the next
    11 days intensively reviewing all my material. I felt better prepared
    for the retake and answered the questions confidently. I knew that I
    had done better this time and when I saw the sectional result graphs
    it even showed that I had improved. Much to my disgust I saw that I
    had scored 600 yet again!

    How is possible for an individual who has better than 10 years worth
    of experience in the field, who deals with the largest client networks
    in New Zealand on a daily basis, to invest this much time and effort
    into an exam and fail? How is it possible to score 600/1000 if the
    lowest result on the sectional indicators is above 60%? I scored 100%
    on three of the six sections.

    I would appreciate it if you could review this case for me and please
    provide me with a satisfactory explanation. I have invested a fortune
    on my Microsoft education up to date and if this (being the first exam
    I've ever failed) exam is an indication of what the exam system is
    like these days, I would like to register my vote of no confidence in
    Microsoft Learning."

    Their response:

    Hello ,

    Thank you for your e-mail regarding <<>>.

    If you believe a specific item you encountered on an MCP exam is
    invalid, you may request an evaluation of the item by following the
    steps described below. You must submit your request within three days
    of taking the exam. Exam item challenges will be accepted only for
    exams that have not been scheduled for retirement. For further
    information visit http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/policies/itemchallenge.asp

    If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank
    you for contacting Microsoft.
    Jake, Apr 3, 2005
  10. Darrell

    fmsmcse Guest

    It's really a shame the way the treat professional who invested lots of money
    in MS Certifcation Career. They give a very unfocused answers to our
    questions, like the one you got.

    I'd like to know how many questions they take out of the exam as a BETA
    question.
    Actually it's not only 40 questions, but less, but, how much less???

    fmsmcse, Apr 4, 2005
  11. Darrell

    Jake Guest

    Jake, Apr 4, 2005
  12. Darrell

    fmsmcse Guest

    fmsmcse, Apr 4, 2005
  13. Darrell

    Guest

    Same here - 8 yrs. exp and over 400 logged hours of study time for 292.
    Scored a 600.

    Question asked me to modify visual basic code?? Ok what objective of
    the 6 is that one in please?

    Stupid answer sets:

    Server a forwards from server B
    Server B forwards from server A

    Wide reciever forwards pass from quarterback
    Quarterback forwards pass from wide receiver

    Uh???

    Yeah I was disgusted too. I know MS was under pressure to show a slim
    margin of passes to show that they did something about the cheating but
    this does not test my skills. This just bills me for more exams and
    throws questions at me that I cannot answer because material is not
    from objectives or the question is so poorly written.

    I'm done. Yes I will continue to learn the MS products as they are so
    widely used but here's my main point....

    As engineers we support MS and in effect help them. When the insurance
    company that I used to work for calls, when county law enforcement
    calls, when any of my clients call and ask what products should they
    use it's always been MS because I know it so well.

    This quarter I'm looking at contracts and purchases that total more
    than 500K for 3 different clients and this will be the first time that
    Non MS products will be the greater portion. MS will be less than 10%
    vs the 100% it used to be.

    2 way street MS. You can't get the cert thing down so I'm done with it
    and you.
    , Apr 9, 2005
  14. Darrell

    John Collins Guest

    Here here! I think the points made here are spot on.

    I spent 5 months studying for 292 and have never failed an MCP in 7 years
    before now. I got 650 and really could not pin-point an area where I could
    have done better? (Having no break down of the exam didn't help, but as we
    know that's another story!)

    I think Microsoft are really in danger of alienating loyal non-cheating MCSA
    / Es. And as for deterring the cheaters, I honestly can't see a way of
    passing this exam without cheating!!... which I won't do, so for me also,
    it's goodbye to further MS qualifications.

    John Collins, Apr 11, 2005