passed 70-291!

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Jeroen Wijnands, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. Hi group,

    I sat 70-291 this morning. Due to some confusion with the people that
    plan the examns I had only an afternoon and an evening for practice
    examns. I partially blame my lousy 833 score on that.

    I got a LOT of DNS questions. Some designing, quite a bit of
    troubleshooting messed up configurations. Pay attention to zone
    transfers and redundancy when you study. Also make sure you know what
    all the options on the dns suffix tab do.

    DHCP administration questions weren't difficult, designing was also
    relatively easy but be sure to know how to design a redundant DHCP
    infrastructure.

    WINS hardly showed up (fortunately!), no signifcant admin or design
    questions.

    A surprising amount of SUS question, even though that subject was well
    covered in 70-290.

    RAS questions, mostly routing and permissions issues. Be sure to
    memorize key characteristics of protocols (which client supports what,
    how secure are they)

    One VLSM calculation question but a rather easy one, some questions on
    normal subnetting one, be sure to know at least to the level where you
    can recognize which host is in which subnet.

    To top it all up even some silly user rights questions.

    Just felt like sharing

    I think I'm going to take a bit of rest, go over DNS once more and then
    I'll get started on 70-270.

    Jeroen

    Jeroen Wijnands, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Jeroen Wijnands

    apowers20 Guest

    Congrats on your pass. Thank you for the review of your exam. I am
    planning on taking this in the next 2 weeks.

    Good luck on 270!

    apowers20, Feb 14, 2006

  3. apowers20 wrote:
    > Congrats on your pass. Thank you for the review of your exam. I am
    > planning on taking this in the next 2 weeks.
    >
    > Good luck on 270!

    Thanks mate! Good luck to you, let me know if your examn covers
    significantly different subjects?

    Jeroen

    Jeroen Wijnands, Feb 15, 2006
  4. Jeroen Wijnands

    Guest

    Jeroen Wijnands wrote:
    > Hi group,
    >
    > I sat 70-291 this morning. Due to some confusion with the people that
    > plan the examns I had only an afternoon and an evening for practice
    > examns. I partially blame my lousy 833 score on that.
    >
    > I got a LOT of DNS questions. Some designing, quite a bit of
    > troubleshooting messed up configurations. Pay attention to zone
    > transfers and redundancy when you study. Also make sure you know what
    > all the options on the dns suffix tab do.
    >
    > DHCP administration questions weren't difficult, designing was also
    > relatively easy but be sure to know how to design a redundant DHCP
    > infrastructure.
    >
    > WINS hardly showed up (fortunately!), no signifcant admin or design
    > questions.
    >
    > A surprising amount of SUS question, even though that subject was well
    > covered in 70-290.
    >
    > RAS questions, mostly routing and permissions issues. Be sure to
    > memorize key characteristics of protocols (which client supports what,
    > how secure are they)
    >
    > One VLSM calculation question but a rather easy one, some questions on
    > normal subnetting one, be sure to know at least to the level where you
    > can recognize which host is in which subnet.
    >
    > To top it all up even some silly user rights questions.
    >
    > Just felt like sharing
    >
    > I think I'm going to take a bit of rest, go over DNS once more and then
    > I'll get started on 70-270.
    >
    > Jeroen

    Hey congrats. What are you taking for your elective?

    I'm just considering starting to take my MCSA tests as well. Not sure
    if I should wait for Vista or just take 2003 and then upgrade to Vista
    later.

    Congrats again.

    :Bazooka-Joe

    , Feb 15, 2006
  5. wrote:
    <snip>

    > Hey congrats. What are you taking for your elective?

    I'm forced to take ISA. I'd much rather have taken Exchange.

    > I'm just considering starting to take my MCSA tests as well. Not sure
    > if I should wait for Vista or just take 2003 and then upgrade to Vista
    > later.

    Take 2003, upgrade to Vista. Knowing microsoft it will take one or 2
    examsn and they will run specials on them the first few months.

    Jeroen Wijnands, Feb 17, 2006
  6. Jeroen Wijnands

    duke Guest

    > I sat 70-291 this morning. Due to some confusion with the people that
    > plan the examns I had only an afternoon and an evening for practice
    > examns. I partially blame my lousy 833 score on that.

    Well, the pass is more important than the score you had.
    Congratulations.
    Thanks for the review.

    --
    Regards,
    Duke

    duke, Feb 27, 2006
  7. Jeroen Wijnands

    GunDen Guest

    Men,

    I envy you, that's the only core exam I didn't pass. What study materials
    did you use? Did you use any CBT? How about sample tests? I was using
    nittci.com.

    Anyway advise? Thanks.

    GunDen, Mar 22, 2006