    Thanks

    Nick

    , Apr 11, 2007

  2. Mike Guest

    Hi Nik,
    I want to certificate myself , how do you suggest to start ? Now I'm
    reading Micrsoft Mcsa/mcse 70-290 training kit .-
    And I bought two certification cram books fot 70-290&291 what do you
    think about ?
    How many time you spent for one exam ?

    best regards
    Mike

    Mike, Apr 13, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Apr 13, 12:07 pm, "Mike" <> wrote:
    > Hi Nik,
    > I want to certificate myself , how do you suggest to start ? Now I'm
    > reading Micrsoft Mcsa/mcse 70-290 training kit .-
    > And I bought two certification cram books fot 70-290&291 what do you
    > think about ?
    > How many time you spent for one exam ?
    >
    > best regards
    > Mike
    >
    > On 11 Apr, 19:57, wrote:
    >

    > > I started about 7 months ago taking the tests to complete my MCSA and
    > > today I passed my final test 70-291 (got an 800), it was a by far the
    > > most difficult compared to the others I took (70-270, 70-271, 70-272,
    > > 70-290).

    > > I used The McGrawHill books (good coverage but a little outdated), the
    > > Oreily MCSE in a Nutshell (very nice review, it is to the point and
    > > covers what you absolutly need to know before you head in, but it does
    > > not got into much detail) and the Transcender to prep for the exam
    > > (ehhh, it was ok but I think I could have got by without it)
    > > I also have been working in IT for 10+ year and working with Windows
    > > 2000 & 2003 server for quite a while but in a small environment.

    > > Anyway I just wanted to post my opinion of the test in case anyone
    > > else who is getting ready to take it wants to read these posts as I
    > > did before I took it. I found many of the post here very helpful.

    > > Thanks

    > > Nick- Hide quoted text -

    > I want to certificate myself , how do you suggest to start ?

    Well really it depends on how much previous experience you have, for
    me I used a combination of the books I bought, the experience I have
    had in the past, the trancender exams and I setup a test lab with 3
    PC's and used that to practice with. So I guess I would read the books
    you bought and try to at the very least setup some sort of a test lab
    if you can and practice alot. If you don't have access to a test lab
    and you do not have previous experience with Windows 2003 server then
    I think it will be pretty tough. Especially to pass 70-291.

    > How many time you spent for one exam ?

    I spent around a month on 70-290. But for 70-291 I took a little over
    two months because it covered alot of different topics in depth. Also
    because it covered some things in depth that I was not overly familiar
    with such as IPSec and some of the DNS portions, the environment that
    I work in is pretty small (4 - 5 servers) (200 users) so even though I
    used DNS, RRAS, WSUS, DHCP I did not use them some of them in the
    scope that the exam wanted you to.

    As far as 70-270, 70-271 & 70-272 I found these to befairly easy and
    spent a few weeks reviewing material for each before I took the tests.
    So if you have not passed these I would start there and move on, it
    may help.

    Nick

    , Apr 16, 2007