Passed 70-290!

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Dan, Mar 31, 2005.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Congrats Chris!!!!
    I didn't want to give you my bad news before you sat
    yours!

    My Rant now :)
    I have now failed the exam 3 times.
    First score 612, second score 678, third score 678.

    I'm now more than aware that my success depends upon the
    random test generator and what questions it want's to ask
    on the day.
    There is no way that I can retain all the information to
    get close to the perfect score, nor is there much chance
    that I'll be able to understand the deliberate double
    questions, misinformation and non work like questions
    they throw at candidates to mislead them.
    When was the last time that anyone here knows of a
    contractor/employee, locked in a room, given questions
    and told to solve a "hands on" problem?

    I'd prefer if MS had all the questions in the exam as
    simulations, passing would not at all be a problem.

    so it still feels a
    >bit like a fail.
    >
    >Still, comparing this and my previous results graphs,

    I'm shown as being
    >strong in all of the areas, just not all on the same

    exam!

    Dan, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Dan

    Guest Guest

    Chris,

    Get in contact with me at dtrichardson_nospam@hotmail....

    message
    >> Congrats Chris!!!!

    >Thanks Dan!
    >
    >> I didn't want to give you my bad news before you sat
    >> yours!
    >> My Rant now :)
    >> I have now failed the exam 3 times.

    >I'm sorry to hear your news :-(
    >Don't give up though!
    >
    >> I'm now more than aware that my success depends upon

    the
    >> random test generator and what questions it want's to

    ask
    >> on the day.

    >I think you're spot on, to be honest. Like I said, the

    test results have
    >shown me that I am strong in all of the areas, but not

    all on the same
    >occasion. How much sense does that make?
    >
    >> When was the last time that anyone here knows of a
    >> contractor/employee, locked in a room, given questions
    >> and told to solve a "hands on" problem?
    >> I'd prefer if MS had all the questions in the exam as
    >> simulations, passing would not at all be a problem.

    >Exactly. I got a bit sick of having to know silly little

    details in order to
    >pass. I know that I have the skills - put me in front of

    a PC and I'll show
    >you. But I'd rather not have to memorise things that I

    would most probably
    >look up in a book or on the Internet if I ever had to

    use them.

    >I guess part of the problem comes from the fact that the

    exams are mostly
    >multiple choice. This would probably make certification

    more expensive but I
    >would actually prefer a written (or typed) exam where we

    are given questions
    >that require a mini-essay answer and are graded by a

    human who knows their
    >stuff too, and knows what I meant when I wrote 'rebuild'

    instead of
    >'reactivate' when I'm writing about RAID volumes. What

    matters is that I
    >understand the process, not that I have memorised the

    context menus of the

    Guest, Apr 1, 2005

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Ah because it's me and I know what the guys say about
    A.S.S.F.C.U.K.I.N.G :)

    reason.

    Dan, Apr 1, 2005