    first exam, so the fear of the unknown is now out of the way. I am now an
    MCP and just need 70-272 for my MCDST, which I am going to try and take in
    the next month or two.

    Spyder, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Congrats on your success, and "Thank You" for your kind words. The fear
    of the unknown will cause you to doubt your abilities. Fear causes
    hesitation; and hesitation will make your worst fears come true. Imagine
    how long you would have went if you would have allowed your fear of
    taking the test consume you. You have passed more the exam. Keep
    studying, and as I tell my student: "Mess up the computer. If you are
    scared to touch it, you just purchased a very expensive paper weight."

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 29, 2007

  3. Spyder

    JRE Guest

    Saturday 2/3 I passed the 70-271 Exam.

    For about the first 20-30 questions – I thought I was taking a completely
    different test.

    The Language interface is completely different – really only recognized
    maybe 5-7 questions.

    I did not score as high as I would have liked to have – 783 but I will take
    it (knowing now how different this test was from the Measure up practice test.

    The measure up practice test as far as the 271 exam – it just gets you in
    the game. The real test does not use specific steps etc. to follow thru on.
    Instead the test uses more actual for instances along with more answers that
    you really have to process several levels to figure out the best solution.

    Hands on would have improved my score - I have already the A+ and Network +
    Certs from back in 2001.

    I hear the 70-272 follows closer to the Measure Up exams - That is next on
    the plate.

    Good Luck to All - I did not know I had passed until I hit the last button -
    I had 30 minutes left but had to finish early "MotherNature" calling - lol..

    JRE, Feb 4, 2007
  4. Again congratulations. And remember your NDA you agreed to before the
    exam.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 4, 2007
  5. Spyder

    JRE Guest

    Thanks for that reminder - I have not tested in over 6 years. I will keep
    that in mind.
    Again Thanks!

    JRE, Feb 4, 2007
  6. Spyder

    JRE Guest

    NDA link - Exam Security Policy and Non-Disclosure Agreement

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/policies/nda.mspx

    By complying with and enforcing this obligation, you help maintain the
    integrity of the MCP program and the value of your certification. Please do
    your part by discouraging the sharing of exam questions and making others
    aware of this policy. We appreciate your cooperation.

    Michael - again thanks for that reminder - Integrity!

    Will definetly keep that in mind!

    JR

    JRE, Feb 4, 2007
  7. Woo Hoo! - Congrats - its always a good idea to get some real time practice
    with testing materialv- Hands on is always a good compliment with the study
    material!

    Cheers! - Good luck with your next test!

    Tradeinthecar, Feb 5, 2007
  8. Spyder

    Mauricio Guest

    Congrats Spyder.

    I have just started to study for 70-251 last month.
    I am in the Self-paced Microsoft Press Book and i'm in chapter 6 now.
    I have noticed the hard work that it's necessary to pass.

    Congratulations again !!

    Mauricio, Feb 6, 2007