    NDA ( or if you ask me one that does, I'll tell you and then not answer
    it ), please let me know and I'd be happy to help!

    Taylor
    Taylor, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Taylor

    Taylor Guest

    I've gotten a few e-mails since posting this earlier today in regards
    to questions that a lot of people are asking that could better be
    answered here. If any of you don't mind so everyone can see what is
    asked, please post your question here so I can try and help you guys as
    best as possible. Thanks!

    Taylor
    Taylor, Nov 8, 2005

  3. Taylor

    rask Guest

    taylor congratiolations man.
    Whats the secret im taking it too soon
    Rask

    rask, Nov 9, 2005
  4. Taylor

    rask Guest

    Hi Taylor

    Is it easy? email me
    Whats the secret can you give me tips to get the exam?
    if its ok and does not violate NDA

    Rask

    rask, Nov 9, 2005
  5. Taylor

    Taylor Guest

    Like I said in a previous post about a week and a half ago, I failed
    the exam the first time with a 677.

    I can't sit back and say that I sat on my butt and did nothing the
    entire week, but rather I found other ways to study once I knew what I
    was presented with on the actual exam. Mainly, I did something that I
    found to be very effective in High School - word and phrase association
    to problem solving in a situation.

    ( Cited from memory from SelfTestSoftware 70-271 )
    Example: You are a MCDST. You work for company XYZ. You have a
    Windows XP Professional user that calls and complains that the would
    like the sound icon to no longer display on her taskbar. How do you
    instruct the user to perform this task?

    Obviously, you go to the taskbar, left click, choose "Properties", in
    the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", check "Hide inactive icons".
    >From there, click customize, and then find the volume control icon and

    change the viewing option to "Always Hide".

    The solution in itself is a little in left field, but still, it's the
    way to do it and prevent them from calling you back and asking how to
    do it again because it showed back up.

    How I found something like that easy to memorize was finding key words
    that were in the problem. Remember, being a MCDST is mostly about
    listening and finding the problem and what the solution is. I digress.
    Key words and phrases - "sound icon" and "taskbar" = solution -
    properties of the taskbar. If I'm unclear, please let me know.

    Read up on some of the more newer posts and I've responded to something
    that could help a lot of you guys out.

    Taylor
    Taylor, Nov 9, 2005
  6. Taylor

    Bas Guest

    Nice Going Taylor !! Keep it up. When are you planning on taking the 70 -
    272. I am going for it myself tommorow.

    Bas, Nov 9, 2005
  7. Taylor

    rask Guest

    Thanks man your very good.
    I will keep that in mind its a good tip.
    Rask

    rask, Nov 9, 2005
  8. Taylor

    Taylor Guest

    I plan on finishing my MCDST on November 28th. I'm in no particular
    hurry, but I will have it this month. After that, I'll most likely go
    get a CCNA, but don't quote me. Ultimately, I'm goaling towards an
    MCSA. Just trying to make my resume look a little more appealing since
    most employers wont go on sheer tech experience and private
    consultation.

    Taylor
    Taylor, Nov 10, 2005
  9. Taylor

    sarath Guest

    hey Tayler.. first i have to thanks. your way is really helpfull. i am doing
    same way. hopes everything gone a be ok.. thanks
    --
    Hands that help are holier than lips that pray.

    sarath, Nov 10, 2005
  10. Taylor

    Taylor Guest

    No problem, e-mail me if you need more help Sarath.

    Taylor
    Taylor, Nov 10, 2005